VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Vortexers, I know alot of people think it can be gay on old ass cars that are beaters and got nothing going for them, but if you all got phat rides and have given it that final notice by the underside lighting, can you post some pics and which lighting you think is the best/brightest out there...thanks guys !!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: Pics of Streetglow on your phat rides (1fastmk3)

I have 1 20" tube infront of the back seat, and 2 9" tubes under the dash. All of them are blue and I havent turned them on for 6 or 8 months. I bought them when I was in highschool beacause they were cool.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Re: Pics of Streetglow on your phat rides (Arin)

I personally think putting neons or lights other than OEM in an attempt to "pimp" out your ride is a disgrace to the name of any German car maker...if you'd like to liven up your trunk, if you have stereo stuff back there, thats another story...but to do make your car glow like our ricey demise, thats just not right....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Pics of Streetglow on your phat rides (Arin)

You know I am not a big fan of neon on cars but the quoted pick below by Arin actually looks good. I like the idea of foot well lighting and it even matches the dash lighting pretty well. If it was only on when you open the car door or at least used with some discretion or a very low level of red to go with the W8 Sunroof console mod. So as to put a red ambiance light in the foot wells like the W8 mod puts on the dash it would be better. But for once I think it looks well not so bad. I don’t expect anyone else here to agree but that’s my $0.02
quote:[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]​

[Modified by Brad M, 10:39 PM 10-1-2002]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
quote:[HR][/HR]WRONG FORUM!
This is a technical forum. This is more appropriate in the model specific forums, or the LIGHTING forum.[HR][/HR]​
True...wrong forum, but since this thread is still open, I'll contribute. I forgot I had these installed. I got them when I was entering more import shows last year. I haven't turned them on in ages (since I haven't been showing much). It's not like I run them on the road or anything. I don't need that kind of attention.
Ichibahn underbody neon kit

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Re: Pics of Streetglow on your phat rides (Unique Bora)

quote:[HR][/HR]...if you'd like to liven up your trunk, if you have stereo stuff back there, thats another story...[HR][/HR]​
yes totally, i took out my trunk light, wired up 2 neons, and put them right inside the trunk under the latch so you can't see them, just a nice glow on my sub and amp, and it even goes on and off with the trunk

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Re: Pics of Streetglow on your phat rides (timmybgood)

haha, i think they're highly amusing
i'm thinking about getting them, for basically the same reason as rob. for shows or just for fun at G2G's or something. or maybe just to bother the honda boys. drive around with them on all the time? no way. but it would just be funny to switch them on one day and suprise some highschool kids at dunkin donuts http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Re: Pics of Streetglow on your phat rides (ninetyseven)

Yeah I get a deal through work, so if I continue showing I may have to get a set. heheh. But yeah surprising or pissing off Honda boys would be my first priority with these.
[freeplug]SoundDomain.com[/freeplug] is where Rob aka Dr. Strangedub bought his kit. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.