VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have pictures of their gti on 60/40 lowering springs? im considering the fk 60/40 shock set. id liek to knwo wha it looks liek esp. w/ 16' wheels. how wide do you think wheels can get on this stance? (without fender modification)

· Registered
126 Posts
Re: (Severance)

Quote, originally posted by Severance »
back when my car used to run, i had the weitec 60/40 with 16x9's all around on it...i did roll my fenders up front though

Beautiful,not too much of a fan with the boser hood but surprisingly enough look really nice on your ride http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
17,441 Posts
Re: pics of your gti (veedubbin)

do your fronts rub? mine do i have the fk 60/40 kit . put it on a few days ago still need an alignment, hope thats y. that kit makes the car sit on its nuts! so low! my rado isnt this low!

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys? im thinkin about porsche club sports. def an inch wider int he back but i cant decide on 7" or 8" int he front. and 45 series tires. 195? or 205? i figure that sould get me clsoe to the fender, but not rubbing?

· Banned
37,162 Posts
Re: pics of your gti (rollinondubs)

Quote, originally posted by rollinondubs »
I have the fk 60/40. Doesnt rub, its not too low at all.

well i wouldnt expect 14 inch rims to rub unless you were rediculously slammed

· Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: pics of your gti (craigoory87)

Quote, originally posted by craigoory87 »
17s with a 60/40 ...i hit the back tires with 3 people in the car when going over bumps lol...

its perfect with just me though..i love it

I rub hard too, with no interior and no one but me in the car, 17x8's though.
My car..

· Registered
4,453 Posts
Re: pics of your gti (Vegas_Jetta98)

Quote, originally posted by Vegas_Jetta98 »

well i wouldnt expect 14 inch rims to rub unless you were rediculously slammed

its not the size of the rim, it would be the size of tire, if he got low profile 14's and could slam a lot harder, correct?

· Registered
17,226 Posts
Re: (powhound84)

Quote, originally posted by powhound84 »
thanks guys? im thinkin about porsche club sports. def an inch wider int he back but i cant decide on 7" or 8" int he front. and 45 series tires. 195? or 205? i figure that sould get me clsoe to the fender, but not rubbing?

def. 195 on the 8's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.