VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fixed my wiper switch (wouldn't go up) and put everything back together...
well, now, my turn signals do not work and my wipers do not work. I checked the fuses, and they are all good. My high beams work, and my MFA on the wiper switch work. any suggestions ?

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: pictures of column harnesses? (bigbean51)

I checked out the relays. Relay # 191 is for the hazard lights. Well, my hazards work. But my turn signals do not. So, if my hazards work, can that still mean a bad relay? Also, my windshield wipers aren't working, but I can toogle through the MFA functions. Any suggestions? I did try and search for it, but no luck on it.
any help would be swell.

I also checked the connectors (or harnesses), and brown one doesn't have a hot wire coming in, does that mean that the relay for that connector is bad?

Modified by bigbean51 at 6:56 AM 8-24-2006

· Registered
18,725 Posts
Are all the connections secure? Wouldn't hurt to double-check.
I'm looking in the Bently right now and it seems as though the emergency flashers are the same as the turn signals (spot #6). The relay for the intermittent washer/wiper is in position #8 and might have a control number 19 or 99 stamped on it. Wish I could help you, I tried.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok...well, i guess i am a professional at this harness business... i guess it would help if u had ALL the harnesses connected... lol.. i am such an idiot... well, i got everything to work now... thx for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.