VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up my 01 jetta glx a week ago. i did some mods already and i know everyone loves pictures so i figured id post them up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: pictures of my new car (gldglove25)

yeah so far i have:
h&r race springs and bilstiens
autotech rear sway
evo cold air intake
s2k antenna
painted lower front bumper lights (if thats even a mod)
and i have a euroswitch and eurosport front stress on the way to the house as we speak. i also ordered up the gli front lip but who knows when ill ever see that. i figure thats not bad considering how long i had the car. i ordered most of this stuff the night after i signed the paperwork which was a few days before i even picked it up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: pictures of my new car (timnosenzo)

Quote, originally posted by timnosenzo »
looks nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

thanks. theres plenty more i want done i just need more money.
mods are so addicting.

·
Registered
525 Posts
when you upgraded your exhaust, did you need to switch out the rear bumper...or how you people say..."rear valence"? if not ima gettin me one.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: pictures of my new car (pepers)

I like the color http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Re: pictures of my new car (JAR)

Do your corner markers still shine at night? Or is it non functional now?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: pictures of my new car (LakerboyD)

-im waiting on exhaust right now because my one buddy might be selling his vr6 and he has 2.5" catback that id be able to pick up for cheap in a month or two and id be getting his 4motion rear valance with the cutouts then as well. even if thatd fall through id get a new rear valance because i dont like the looks of the bent down tips at the end that have to run if i wouldnt get one
-im running h&r race springs. the car handles real good with them on and the ride height is relativley good. i still wish it looked lower but im used to see my old a4 that had koni coilover on that were dialed all the way down so thats probably why i feel that way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: pictures of my new car (03PlatinumGray)

Quote, originally posted by 03PlatinumGray »
Do your corner markers still shine at night? Or is it non functional now?

no they dont shine anymore so i guess they arent really functional but i hate the way the stock ones and even the smoked or clear aftermarket ones broke up the looks of the side of the car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (Bora18t)

Quote, originally posted by Bora18t »

he didn't mention one

Nice car man! Watch that new GLI Lip when you come out of the driveway, looks like you've already got some "clearance issues" with the stock valance

yeah getting in and out of the driveway should be interesting when i get the gli lip on. i figure if i get a good angle on it i should be fine and if eventually i do mess up the lip pretty good it is only a little over $100 so its not that big of a loss. that driveway is what made me steer clear of an ottengier front lip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts