VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wanted to give a heads up. I got a spot as one of the ~500 cars for the Pinks All-Out at Maple Grove Raceway in PA. I'm pretty excited about it to say the least.

It's May 14th-15th. 14th is test and tune for racer's and the 15th is the actual event.
Can't say that I know of another Corrado that was ever on the show. Surely I've never seen one.
The odds of making the 16 will be slim. They usually pick a ~10 sec. class, but that's fine. My car's different so maybe I'll get some airtime on the "Outtakes" show or of one of my 2 qualifying passes.
I'll do my best and anyone going to the event feel free to stop by

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Rento_VW)

Quote, originally posted by Rento_VW »
YES! Please do tell us what episode and stuff you'll be in, youtube!!!!

Will do. Keep in mind there are ~500 cars and only 16 or 32 make the cut and they usually pic a ~10sec. class. I'll likely be running ~11.5-11.6's. They usually do an outtakes show and show footage from the weekend as well so hopefully between all of that I might have a shot at getting a second or two of airtime.
The car is different than what they are used to so I think that's in my favor.
I'll see if a family member/friend can shoot some video. Gotta at least get a vid of the two runs.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Re: (slc92)

Quote, originally posted by slc92 »

Will do. Keep in mind there are ~500 cars and only 16 or 32 make the cut and they usually pic a ~10sec. class. I'll likely be running ~11.5-11.6's. They usually do an outtakes show and show footage from the weekend as well so hopefully between all of that I might have a shot at getting a second or two of airtime.
The car is different than what they are used to so I think that's in my favor.
I'll see if a family member/friend can shoot some video. Gotta at least get a vid of the two runs.

Turn up the boost and run 10's.

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (cstanley19)

Quote, originally posted by cstanley19 »
Hell ya Steve. I'll make the treck up there to watch you! Possibly whip the Corrado up there too!

Give me a heads up if you're coming. Should be a fun 2 days.
I was at the last one they had at E-town as a spectator and it was a great time.

It is a LONG DAY though so bring the sunscreen, butt cushion, and plenty of $$ for

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Re: (slc92)

Wrong coast.. But definitely give us episode info.
I watch pinks every now and then. I think the most euro they did was a bug. And then a Porsche that didn't make it down the strip. I could be wrong though

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (V8Star)

Quote, originally posted by V8Star »
Wrong coast.. But definitely give us episode info.
I watch pinks every now and then. I think the most euro they did was a bug. And then a Porsche that didn't make it down the strip. I could be wrong though

Hate Pinks, but Pinks All-Out and Pass Time are good shows IMO.
Imports are very scarce on all three of them and Euro's almost non existent. They are largely in the South/Midwest so that's part of it. The other part is I don't think they feel imports are reliable. Broken/leaking cars kind of kill the show.
As for Euro's, there just aren't many people racing them. There were 3 VW's in the St.Louis Pinks All Outtakes show that got some airtime and all three were interviewed so that was cool.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Re: (cstanley19)

Quote, originally posted by cstanley19 »
Hell ya Steve. I'll make the treck up there to watch you! Possibly whip the Corrado up there too!

so may is the goal eh? if ur going up with the c id probably go with.

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (dapucker1)

Quote, originally posted by dapucker1 »
steve, keep me posted... we would make the trip http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That would be cool. I'll keep you posted as we get closer.

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Re: (ajhvw93)

i will be thee steve, i would love to see you run. this is an awesome thing to do!! surprise them, and run a mid 11. get the meth installed and dialed in, and go for it
we all know ou have a LOT oif experience, so i am confident you can rock it pretty well!!!
do me a favor and keep me posted, cause little due and i will definitely be there.

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Noobercorn)

Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »
i will be thee steve, i would love to see you run. this is an awesome thing to do!! surprise them, and run a mid 11. get the meth installed and dialed in, and go for it
we all know ou have a LOT oif experience, so i am confident you can rock it pretty well!!!
do me a favor and keep me posted, cause little due and i will definitely be there.

Absolutely bro. I will start a new thread once I have some details. It's really a great time regardless, but Corrado content doesn't hurt!
I'm actually debating looking into a 5 pt. roll bar.(AOC) American Opportunities Tax Credit FTW http://****************.com/smile/emgift.gif I just don't know if it could be done in time. If so, the car will likely be ~11.0-11.2 capable.
11.0 class is still slow for them, but more likely than an 11.5 class. A bar might be going in anyway so this might be the motivation I need to get it done.
I wonder if Paige
from Pass Time goes to these events? If so I might have to "forget" my wedding ring in my toolbox at work that Thursday

·
Banned
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (ObsessedVWOwner)

Quote, originally posted by ObsessedVWOwner »
Where and When? I wanna be here. Go for it! Good Luck! Just keep us posted here

May 14-15th Maple Grove Raceway
14th is the TNT for racers but still open to the public I think.
15th is the actual event. 500 cars get 2 runs each, then they pick a field of 16 or 32 to race for the $10,000 cash and $8000 value NAPA toolbox/tools. I think from the final 16 on it's $1000 to the winner of each race as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.