VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone, i will be traveling around in Asia in the next few years and living in many of the countries for a few years at a time. I have been very interested in the vw community and currently own one of my own in the U.S. I was looking for reputable euro vehicle tuning shops if anyone can make some recommendations.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
who's in Thailand?

was just traveling there and spotted a modded 4 door MK3 golf, dark red color, or brown on the side of a street, sorry no pics right now

and then at the Chaing Mai market spotted a dark blue MK3 gti with abt grille, front lip, and sides, euro bumpers, dual tips, I said hi

anybody on here?

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Keeping busy with my HERD...........!!!! Kumusta na PINSANS.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::beer::beer::beer::wave::wave::wave:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Hoy Kuya Leo! May Corrado ka nanaman? And when did you picked up that sweet Mk2?
2 weeks ago..............I talked to Bryce about the OLD SCHOOL GTG in Pt. Reyes. He said he would round up the troops in Cen Cal.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Oy.......Ano ba.

Where all you Pinoys/Pinays at???

I hope everyone is doing well. This year I turned the "BIG 5-0" :eek::eek: and it seems like yesterday when I recollect my memories back on the first day I started DUBBING. LOL. My crazy ass cousins from San Francisco who lived in the John McLaren Park Area had a 1982 VW Dasher that was whored out as the "cruiser". We would all take turns driving around the block to learn common sense operation of a motor vehicle.........HAHAHA:banghead:. Whatever that means!!!!!:p

None of us were old enough to drive legally, but we made sure we took the time to learn how to start and stop the damn thing.:thumbup: SAFETY FIRST KIDS. Oh, it was an automatic........so we were spared the agony of the "stick" shift. That's another story.

Fast forward to 2017...........it's amazing and "cool" to see how the scene has evolved with the new generation, as well as, the old generation as they mod or trick out their VW/Euro/JDM/American Muscle, etc. Motor swap ideas are pushing boundaries like never before, paint jobs and/or top notch vinyl wrap installations, Air Ride Suspension, and of course.......the ability to own and acquire just about any car one can dream of. (Save your allowance):D

I've owned quite a few cars in my life, nothing to fancy..........but I came to a realization that we can't take it with us when our time comes. SO ENJOY THEM FOLKS.

Is the Team Adobo FB still active? I probably can't ask for much since the Vortex has become deserted too. I still lurk and post on the 'Tex because occasionally you will see one of the OGs post something or find a throwback memory that puts a BIG ASS SMILE on your face. That's what it's all about. :beer::beer::beer:

Well anyways..........if anyone sees this THREAD bumped up: IT WAS ME.:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
What a day...............work sucks, but we have to maintain the flow to be sane. HAHA. Has everyone enjoyed the New Year so far? I am trying to get my AE86 running and my 16 yr old MILLENIAL son to get his freakin' drivers license. :laugh:

I did purchase the new 2015 GSW TDI:

1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.