VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on these pictures.

I was out of town for two weeks and left the Arteon in the apartment garage. Seems that there was some water drip during that time that dried on the roof.

I washed the Arteon today with a little love and care and discovered that whatever dried in that leak ate away at a top layer film. 馃槴

Anyone know what the glass shield is comprised of. And if there is anything to be done about it?
Plant Land vehicle Car Water Vehicle
Water Water resources Liquid Azure Cloud

Registered
Whoa! That was some nasty stuff that dripped on there. Find a windshield shop see if they can wet sand and buff the glass with a power polisher. Might be able to reduce the damage

Registered
You could try this stuff, I鈥檝e used it on just regular water spots on glass with success. Maybe even try a clay bar? Looks like a calcium deposits coming from wet concrete.

Registered
Are you SURE it has eaten away, or are you just feeling hard bonded on mineral deposits? I would get some Meguires Compound, and use some elbow grease to gently remove these almost bonded on mineral deposits. I had mineral deposits staining my chrome trim, but with some work and patience managed to remove them all. I do hope that your glass is not actually eaten away, although you can buy a replacement glass panel fortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts