1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here are the final details for the Ligonier Fun Run 3:
Where: Ligonier backroads
When: Sunday, May 12th at 12 noon
Meeting Place in Latrobe: Parking lot of shopping center behind Taco Bell/Eat n Park in Latrobe off of Rt 30, just past the Latrobe Airport. Entrace to shopping center is down near McDonalds. Look for dubs after you make the right off of Rt 30. We'll be either directly to the right, or left after you turn into the parking lot and come to the next intersection.
Pittsburgh point of departure around 11 in Monroeville: I'd like to meet up in Monroeville at the Miracle Mile Shopping Center parking lot. If you take 376 to the Business 22/Monroeville exit from Pittsburgh and follow Rt 22 a couple miles past the Monroeville Mall, the shopping center is on the right. I believe there is a Taco Bell there also. So if anyone would like to caravan out with me from Pittsburgh, that's where I'll be waiting around 10:45-11. Look for a white Rabbit GTI w/some gray primered spots. The shopping center is before the Pontiac Dealership.
Gonna try to get a head count:

Andrew Stauffer
vwrabbit
kenstoy
1987&2001Jettas
VW4life
Jettavr666
bdjst4 - maybe...
GTI451
zipnbygti - maybe...
yellow68 - maybe...
KJ-VR6
ibiza
some Honda boys...

[Modified by vwrabbit, 1:50 PM 5-2-2002]

[Modified by vwrabbit, 7:16 PM 5-2-2002]

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (vwrabbit)

I think I got it

May 12th it is

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (kenstoy)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (1987&2001Jettas)

Looks like we're gonna have a good turnout! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

I think this could turn out to be nice. I'm workin on the schedule at work soon and I'll know for sure whether or not I work but I'm almost certain Geoff will be off again.
What's everyone doing this saturday? I'm goin to install my 4 point harnesses since we're not dynoing...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (VW4life)

I'm going to be busting my ass trying to get my 4-door done. Engine is in, exhaust is almost done. Need to connect all the shift linkage and align it and finish up the rear suspension.
Forest, you better make it to this GTG!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (Jettavr666)

I'll try to attend (since it's only 20 minutes away)....
Let's see if I can remember this...
4/27 .. Caravan to Ohio Drags
4/28 .. Dubspeed Racing BBQ
5/4 ... Carlisle
5/12 .. Fun-run
VW events in the Burgh are taking off! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by bdjst4, 10:22 AM 4-26-2002]

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (bdjst4)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'll try to attend (since it's only 20 minutes away)....
4/28 .. Dubsquad BBQ
5/4 ... Carlisle
5/12 .. Fun-run
VW events in the Burgh are taking off! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Am I mistaken or is the 28th Dubspeed Racing and not Dubsquad.
And you also forgot the caravan to the OhioVW spring drags 4/27

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (1987&2001Jettas)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'll try to attend (since it's only 20 minutes away)....
4/28 .. Dubsquad BBQ
5/4 ... Carlisle
5/12 .. Fun-run
VW events in the Burgh are taking off! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Am I mistaken or is the 28th Dubspeed Racing and not Dubsquad.
And you also forgot the caravan to the OhioVW spring drags 4/27[HR][/HR]​
I corrected my last post... It's still early

(I forgot to mention the OhioVW drags, because I can't make it) http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,604 Posts

I'll be done with exams so nothing should interfere... I'm in. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,658 Posts

The more the better. I'd better do some more route planning, I "test drove" the fun stuff yesterday and it was over much too quickly, I need to add more twisty milage. I also managed to attract the very focused attention of the state police in the process, but a pair of quickly done left hand turns put me BEHIND the cop, outta sight, outta mind;-) Whewwww.
We usually "enjoy" 50% fall out, however. Lots don't show up for whatever reason. It's worth showing up if you love to drive!! The roads do NOT dissapoint, especially 259. And 130.
If everyone that thinks they can make it actually shows up, we'll have 1.8na, 2.0na, vr6 na, 1.8t- who's going to rep the 16v crew?
Tim, how about Ray or Mike with their 16v rides? Oh, and I just recalled Sailor and wooohoooo man(Scott) with the yellow G60 rabbit. If we can get them both there, we'd have G60 and 16v T added to the list......

[Modified by Andrew Stauffer, 11:35 AM 4-29-2002]

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (Andrew Stauffer)

I think we can get Ray. We'll see... Oh Ray???

Now Andrew, it's not nice to outrun the law... Hehe...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

habs will prob go, i'll ask him tom. i don't know about me yet. If car is running good, maybe. kinda leary about getting on it w/ stock tranny and sub par suspension setup for the roads we run on. My luck i'll put it in a tree. Let me enjoy having it done for a week or two and get used to the poop, then ill go back road hunting. But b4 then, im a pussie! Had str8 line in mind on this, not so much twisties if ya know what i mean. But im sure come that time, ill be all for it. I can get a corrado g-60 fom latrobe to go too.
also, andrew, what about roads off of 30 toward bedford. some decent roads there too. Went out there this past school yr just cruising around w/ the g/f. Couple nice cntry rds right off of 30.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: PITTSBURGH GTG - Sunday May 12th @ noon, Ligonier Fun Run 3 (vw16vcabby)

Sails, I don't blame ya for not wanting to run your cabby w/all the luck you've had with it. Still like to see ya come out and hang. I could probably bring the tranny down Friday if you'll be around.
Laters,
Tim

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.