VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

16941 - 16960 of 16967 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone from the pittsburgh area get together? I haven’t seen many VW clubs or gatherings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Does anyone from the pittsburgh area get together? I haven’t seen many VW clubs or gatherings

they died when the scene died

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Mk7 Golf R front calipers

Upgraded my car to TT-S calipers, so have my stock fronts for sale. Everything is in great working order - no issues prior to removal. Includes brake lines and caliper bolts although they are not shown in the pics.

$375 picked up - located in the South Hills.

PM any questions or if any other pics are needed.

thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
MKIII Timing Chain Replacement

Recommendations on shops for quality work/ reasonable price to have a timing chain job and clutch replaced on my 97 VR GTI around Pittsburgh? Thanks

98GTI by Andy Sullivan, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Been spending a lot of time 3D modeling lately and thought id share some screen grabs from an animation I just did.
I've seen that environment somewhere. You using Corona or Blender?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I've seen that environment somewhere. You using Corona or Blender?

I used 3Ds max and Unreal engine for that one. The environment was just released free on the Unreal market place so its going around social media I'm sure.

I was mostly testing out rendering in Unreal with ray tracing enabled. Its crazy how fast I can render those clips in Unreal compared to any other software.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looking to sell these locally...
Professionally framed, Speed Racer has glare free glass. VW Sport does not.
Also have a box full of old VW & Porsche then European Car magazines.
I'm in Morgantown, work in Cannonsburg occasionally.
IM if interested.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Long shot.... Anyone in the area have 3.2 piston rings for a vr6. Piston installer broke yesterday and caused me to break a ring. Only need 2 ring kits.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Highly recommend Discount Tire Direct up on McKnight Road.

·
Registered
14,774 Posts
^nice. We did some billboards for them a little bit ago. Nice to have a discount tire nearby. Been ordering from them since 2008 or so.
You like those wildpeaks? I put Maxxis 771 on our Tiguan last year. If I do the lift and new wheels I want the wildpeaks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
^nice. We did some billboards for them a little bit ago. Nice to have a discount tire nearby. Been ordering from them since 2008 or so.
You like those wildpeaks? I put Maxxis 771 on our Tiguan last year. If I do the lift and new wheels I want the wildpeaks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

First store in the area, nice guys, moved down from Michigan.

Like the Wildpeaks so far, quieter than expected. Armand @ DubJunkie installed a set of BSB fender blocks to prevent some of the rubbing.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

x2. Got my Michelin PS4S from them back in April. In and out quick (well, it was the middle of a pandemic and no one was really out and about at that time) and they did a nice job. I've also been buying from them online for years, but now it's nice having a store so close.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

A follow up.

One of my 1000 mile Michelin PS4S developed a leak a few weeks back. Every few days the TPMS would trip and I'd have to add air.

I finally had enough of it and took it to Discount Tire yesterday since I did buy the road hazard warranty (the stock Pirelli's that the PS4S replaced were nail magnets disguised as tires and I was worried that my bad luck would carry over to the new tires). Sure enough, they found a tiny hole on the sidewall - so basically the tire couldn't be repaired.

They didn't have a replacement in stock but said he could have it later in the afternoon if I wanted to leave it or come back. I couldn't wait and wasn't able to take it back later in the day since I am in the South Hills and had to work. The tech told me he'd order it and call me when it came in and I'd set up an appointment to have it installed once they had it in hand.

I then got an email yesterday afternoon that the tire was in the store and was able to make an online appointment for this morning right from the notification email - very convenient. I did get a call from the tech shortly afterwards as well to confirm everything which I thought was nice of him.

I ran it up first thing this morning and was in and out in probably 20-25 minutes. I did have to repurchase new road hazard coverage for the replacement tire at $40ish, but it sure beats paying another $260 for a replacement.

While waiting there were a couple of trucks getting tires. I noticed that the guys took a wire brush mounted on an air gun to each rotor face and lug bolts to clean off rust/debris. I also noticed, at least with my car both trips, that the tech ensured that the lugs were to spec by using a torque wrench on each one once he had all of them snugged down with the impact. I thought both were nice touches and I don't recall seeing anyone at a chain store do that before.

I highly recommend Discount Tire. YMMV, but I've had nothing so far but great experience with them and their prices are great - especially if you watch for sales and rebates.

16941 - 16960 of 16967 Posts