1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Re: Pix of my rocco (backburner)

Quote, originally posted by backburner »
any pics. of the car as a whole?

ya man

looks good! get it buffed out, bet that will add some life to the paint!

·
Registered
19,447 Posts
Re: Pix of my rocco (backburner)

Quote, originally posted by backburner »
any pics. of the car as a whole?

yea what he said
post more post more

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Pix of my rocco (Kameirocco)

sorry i will post pix of the whole car.
and bout the paint, im gonna take it to a body shop and get it repainted yellow. and then drop inn either the 1.8T or a 2 liter and put 2g in it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Re: Pix of my rocco (86Rocco_19)

Quote, originally posted by 86Rocco_19 »
and bout the paint, im gonna take it to a body shop and get it repainted yellow. and then drop inn either the 1.8T or a 2 liter and put 2g in it.

2grand won't get you much on a engine swap. I bet just for the 2liter plus install will cost you $1200+ or if you do it yourself cheaper.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

2g eh? translate what the heck your talking about

Modified by JoshmkII at 1:46 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Pix of my rocco (JoshmkII)

sorry bout the language..
what i said was, i can buy a 2l 16V and tehn put $2000 in it. or
i found a 1.8T swap with 25K miles for $2000 plus shipping on the clasified forum.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

for a 1.8t the engine is the cheapest part of the swap
its everything else that makes it so you should have an 8k-15k budget.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

are you saying i need 8k-15K to drop a 1.8T in my rocco ??????

to make the job worthwhile, and to do it sorta right, thats what lots of people spend.
Putting a stock 1.8t in a Scirocco is a waste, its not much more powerfull than a built 16v engine. If your going to go with a 1.8t, then do it "right" the 1st time, dont turn it into a project that will take years to be right.
Then you have items like transmission, turbo, quaife, intercooler, gauges, fabication, engine management, etc that all adds up.
Depending on how much work the cars owner can do themselves, a budget of over 10k isnt unrealistic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

i called fine tunning in seattle and they said the fallowing:
35 hours of work, tehy need to re enforce the front cross member for the Rad, and and drop the motor inn and have the car running they would charge me $2500. and like i said above i found the full swap for 2000 dollars in vancouver WA.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

ya, but why drop a stock 1.8t into the car?
does their price include a few basic items that you should have for even the most basic swap?
gauges
quaife
trany
clutch
pressure plate
silicone connectors
intercooler/turbo plumbing
exhaust
just for the base engine (before you rip it down and rebuild it, or at least just put in new gaskets/etc) and instalation your already up to $4500.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

yes the swap includes most of those thing, such as turbo and intercooler, clutch full swap axles everything. and i can get a boost gauses fro bout 35 dollars from local performance shop

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

umm, the tranny and quaife = 1k (at least) just by themselves. The price you listed cannot include everything.
do me a favor, get a complete price breakdown of each item they say they are going to install/etc, and post it.
You cannot, even doing 100% of the work youself do the swap for the price you listed (unless somebody gives you several $K of parts for free).

·
Registered
5,508 Posts

damn you missed out a guy in Canada had a complete swap forsale for 4000 can i think it was he had it in his rocco till it got wrote off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts