VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my tinted ones today, your right quality is just as good as the clears from the first group buy, round 1, but just not as dark as I am looking for.
Anybody want them, $45.00 to your door, email me.
BUT
While cleaning up my clears, because those found a new owner, I noticed,
in the exact same spot where the words made in Taiwan where cast into the plastic of the tinted units there appeared to be sanding marks with an "...AN" still visible.
Whats up with this? Were all of the clears made in Taiwan all along?
I believe these were from the 1st group buy.

[Modified by TDIRAD, 9:18 PM 12-4-2001]

[Modified by TDIRAD, 9:19 PM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Re: Pizzy, 1st clear corners made in Taiwan? (kyokoris)

Who cares? As long as the quality's there, which they are. And besides, how many of us actually have Golfs and Jettas made in Germany? Thought so!

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: Pizzy, 1st clear corners made in Taiwan? (TDIRAD)

My clears are made in Taiwan but I'm satisfied with 'em. Plastic is plastic.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Pizzy, 1st clear corners made in Taiwan? (nate1.8t)

"Sanding off the 'Made In Taiwan' is pretty shady... "
EXACTLY, that is, what I was trying to convey!
Next question. Was MHW actually involved in the manufacture of these?
Like I said mine were from the 1st round of the GB.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Pizzy, 1st clear corners made in Taiwan? (Gaucho)

Okay the manufacturer in Germany may get these corners from another manufacturer in Tawian.. Its all apart of the system. Tawian makes them sells them to a company. The company sells them to Pizzy. Pizzy "DOES YOU GUYS A FAVOR" And gets factory quality corners for ya'll. Now I can care less cuz, I got mine from evandent, which were more home made (USA) then anything. My point is, a clear corner, is a clear corner, is a clear corner... Damn man let it go and stop trippin.
Now Pizzy get your but on here and defend yourself. Let them know the deal so we can stop seeing these stupid "My Pizzy corners were made in Tawian"

[Modified by Sg4227, 11:56 AM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
5,670 Posts

Who cares where they're made?
Yer Jetta was manufactured in Mexico so wots the deal?

Is it that big of a problem?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

Get off yourselves, people. As has been pointed out, the MANUFACTURER in Germany has numerous suppliers, just like any other manufacturer. Just like VW, in fact.
As at least 90% of us have Golfs or Jettas made in Mexico or Brazil, I don't see how anyone has a right to complain. I had a set of Pizzy clear corners (only reason I no longer have them is because I got a Euro strip) and they were as advertised - OEM quality. So who the hell cares where they were made?
I mean, every VW commercial touts its cars as "German-engineered", but the vast majority are produced in Latin America. So who cares? How is this any different? These clear corners were German-engineered by MHW or whoever, and then it's manufactured elsewhere. It's economics, that's just how it works. C'mon Pizzy, stand up for yourself!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: Pizzy, 1st clear corners made in Taiwan? (edkim)

quote:[HR][/HR] original quote by Pizzy
I am still waiting to hear from the manufacturer in Germany on the backorder status...
[HR][/HR]​

Isn't it a pity
Now, isn't it a shame
How somebody like Pizzy
Won't even take the blame
Isn't it real shady
That he sanded off the name
And took all your money
Without feeling any pain

·
Registered
350 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] original quote by Pizzy
I am still waiting to hear from the manufacturer in Germany on the backorder status...

Isn't it a pity
Now, isn't it a shame
How somebody like Pizzy
Isn't it real shady
And took all your money
Without feeling any pain
[HR][/HR]​
what the hell are you writing friggin poems for. He probably got them from a company in Germany, but they probably got parts from taiwan. Its a friggin piece of plastic, and you all got it at a good price. Quit whining. Its not like the plastic is going to melt away. And don't give me this "pizzy should have told us that they were not manufactured in germany"....its stupid dillsacks like you that... whatever. get a life.

·
Registered
992 Posts

I don't get what the big deal is...they could be made in Ethiopia for all I care, they rock...end of story....

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Isn't it a pity
Now, isn't it a shame
How somebody like Pizzy
Isn't it real shady
And took all your money
Without feeling any pain
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

Gaucho: you're an idiot! Finally, who cares where it is made?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Re: Pizzy, 1st clear corners made in Taiwan? (Sg4227)

quote:[HR][/HR]Okay the manufacturer in Germany may get these corners from another manufacturer in Tawian.. Its all apart of the system. Tawian makes them sells them to a company. The company sells them to Pizzy. Pizzy "DOES YOU GUYS A FAVOR" And gets factory quality corners for ya'll. Now I can care less cuz, I got mine from evandent, which were more home made (USA) then anything. My point is, a clear corner, is a clear corner, is a clear corner... Damn man let it go and stop trippin.
Now Pizzy get your but on here and defend yourself. Let them know the deal so we can stop seeing these stupid "My Pizzy corners were made in Tawian"
[HR][/HR]​
Doing people a favour?
I'm assuming he took a profit selling these, since I doubt the manufacturers would be selling them for $50 so once that happens it is no longer a favour.. it is business.
People continue to miss the point here... it has nothing to do with them being made in Taiwan... it has everything to do with sanding off the words 'MADE IN TAIWAN' which is pretty shady.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts

>>>Next question. Was MHW actually involved in the manufacture of these?<<<
maybe they cost him 5$-10$ for set

yes,we are not talking about made in Taiwan,we talking about making favour to others

[Modified by Fantomasz, 6:16 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

whoever feel as if they got robbed or cheated, why don't you try to get a refund from him if he is willing to offer it to you. Then go out and find some clear corners yourself or go make some yourself!

[Modified by ilovethecure, 3:28 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
5,670 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Okay the manufacturer in Germany may get these corners from another manufacturer in Tawian.. Its all apart of the system. Tawian makes them sells them to a company. The company sells them to Pizzy. Pizzy "DOES YOU GUYS A FAVOR" And gets factory quality corners for ya'll. Now I can care less cuz, I got mine from evandent, which were more home made (USA) then anything. My point is, a clear corner, is a clear corner, is a clear corner... Damn man let it go and stop trippin.

Doing people a favour?
I'm assuming he took a profit selling these, since I doubt the manufacturers would be selling them for $50 so once that happens it is no longer a favour.. it is business.
People continue to miss the point here... it has nothing to do with them being made in Taiwan... it has everything to do with sanding off the words 'MADE IN TAIWAN' which is pretty shady.
[HR][/HR]​

How do you know Pizzy was the one to sand the Made in Taiwan off of them. Who cares?
It's "SHADY" that you complain about this crap. They are OEM quality so who the fruck cares. I highly doubt Pizzy made a huge profit off of these. And if he did turn a profit....more power to him. He werked his ass off to make everyone happy.
So now when Evan(2kjettaguy) provides us with his smoked clear corners, are you gonna bash him and blame him for stealing our money and turning a huge profit of us vortexers? Cause I highly doubt it is as profitable of a business as you think it is.
You people need to have a
and chill the fruck out.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.