VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it was on Saturday morning and my brother and I were driving our cars to autocross. I wasn't planning to run my car, I just wanted to bring it for show. However, at the last minute...my brother said that he was gonna tkae mine...I was like "WHAT? I didn't even check my car yet...things might go wrong..." But he said he'll check it out...so he registered my car in...I was pretty excited to se him run. I guess HIS Honda Civic was now for show.
But....turns out that first time on the track...got a 79...soon hitting 76,76...74... fastest time for my cabby was 69secs. I took first....I forgot what another rabbit got, but he was running 65secs. around there...
My brother brought home a trophy that day....and from that day on...he now knows what old VW's are known for....my brother quickest time was only 72!
hehehe.....aren't you guys proud of the cabby's!
Here are some shots that I took!
My brother getting ready!
taking a crazy turn!

Rarely touched the cone! NICE!

Some other PHAT rides!
supercharged corvette=FAST!

And that is that....hope you guys like the pics....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Re: Placed 4th at the track...WOW! (Black_cabbie)

That is so nice congrats on your times!! That's is why a VW is what it is...
Quote, originally posted by Black_cabbie »
I wish I lived in a country were you could actually race with your own car every weekend!!!!
BELGIUM SUCKS people!!!! DON'T EVER COME HERE TO LIVE!

Come on man, just move here...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

ok, if you ever decide to come here I'll sponsor you! just to see your car in person... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

A friend of yours...is a freind of mine....we all in vortex...we all brothers ya know? hahah! Thanks for the congrats! I am also proud of my cabby....and to answer a question....no way I'm gonna sell my car now....I got big plans for it.....and for all those Hondas out there making fun of my old cabby....they gonna see the torque...coming from my little cabby. 16v will be in progress soon....I hope to get faster times on the track! thanks again!
I do have on video my run that ran 63 secs. If anyone wants it..email me at [email protected] or gimme a holla! Umm...about the STi...
"all I gotta say is that thing was SO DAM LOUD...the turbo spooled like crazy! It freaking...seriously....sounded like a jet!!" Sorry you guys mised out.....but I'll try and represent VW's down here...hahah

This event was at West Salem Wisconsin....near La Crosse county...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.