VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not to comfortable running mist through my turbo, I w/thinking previous to the FMIC. W/are your thoughts?
[/IMG]

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Re: Placement of water nozzle (The A1 and A2 German)

Any reason you're installing a water injection setup? I would first see how the car runs with the SDS and the rest of the turbo parts in there. That looks like a good intercooler, you should not need water injection ...

·
Registered
15,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Placement of water nozzle (Agtronic)

Hello Agtronic, I already have a water system in place for an entirely different purpose w/has been running for 3 years. All that is incorporated for stage III is a T fitting, 2' of hose and the nozzle w/I already have. It's not another project as it could be complete in 25 minutes.
Secondly air temp w/reach 115 plus and pavement w/reach over 140 degrees in Tucson, AZ as you can see my concern.
Nows the time and 25 mintues of work doens't hurt me

·
Registered
131 Posts

From what I have read they don't recommend installing water injection before the IC as the mist can condense on its was through, if you are only fitting one nossle best place is close to the TB.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts

I would run it in the manifold after the TB probably, but I have no experience with water injection, so don't do anything yet.

·
Registered
15,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Placement of water nozzle (Agtronic)

Interesting, that w/be another concern literally spraying water into your motor, 100 shot direct port TAP water. Callaways design incorperatied the nozzle in the intake 2" from the compressor inlet port, on the other hand it's a 23 year old design and once again running water through metal spinning turbines concerns me. Anyone else?

·
Registered
7,080 Posts

Put it after the intercooler and before the throttle body. If you inject pre-intercooler, you will decrease intercooler efficiency. If you inject after the throttle body, it will be hard to get even water distribution, and you may have issues with the engine sucking water through lines under heavy vacuum unintentionally. Make sure you're using a high pressure pump through a fine mist nozzle (none of that windshield washer reservoir junk).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts