VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself & 3 friends have decided to make the trek across the Atlantic for next years event. Any advice? I'm planning on doing 14-17 days. The rest of the group is planning on doing 10. I figured one to two days would be making the trip to Wolfsburg and Berlin. Any other sweet opportunities, must visits, etc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your helpful reply! I've found some of this stuff as I've been doing my own research. Still not sure whether to fly into Frankfurt, Berlin, or Munich. Any particular reason why you chose Frankfurt? I was looking at doing Ingolstadt/Audi on the way from Berlin/Wolfsburg to Munich. I love Hofbräuhaus, so that's 100% on my agenda. I figured from Munich head to Stuggart. They have a Spring Beer Festival going on. I don't think I want to spend more than 2 days there, so we'll probably pick between Porsche and Mercedes. After Stuggart, I've looked at heading south through Switzerland & doing Stelvio Pass, or just heading to Worthersee. If we go the Swiss route, I wouldn't mind heading into Modena,Italy and doing Lamborghini and Ferrari Museums. From what i Just searched Mischkulnig is the Eni Station in Velden? Good thing to note about the Euro being low right now!

I guess I have a couple questions still. I know you said to stay in Reifnitz. I found a couple places I like there, a lot in Velden, and a few in Pörtschach. I've gathered that Pörtschach is the party town. Velden is more laidback, & Reifnitz is very crowded due to the show. Any experience staying in other locations? Also, what is your preferred mode of transport? Rental cars vary greatly by Rental Agency. Any experience using Consolidators like AutoEurope? And the most important question of all... Are you saying Road Soda's are legal for everyone but the Driver? :beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.