VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 2012 GTI coupe with 88k for 9,000 at my dealer its very clean no dents and very minor swirl marks. the only problem with it is that it has BC coilovers APR carbonium intake ants cts exhaust. I'm afraid if its been modified above stage 2-3 which is around where i wanted to go. Is there anyway I can tell if its been tuned or is currently tuned ie something like JB4 in a BMW or a ecu piggyback or something. Sorry I am not an expert with cars and I am very unknowledgeable about VW. Should I be concerned buying it? The noticeable problems is that there is a rattle of somesort that comes when you let off the throttle revving it sounds like its an exhaust hanger or something, the engine cover is missing the fog lights don't work the front windshield looks like its delaminating or something and the windshield wiper blade needs to be replaced. Thanks for your input Also im happy about the parts they are all ones i was looking at the ive never heard of the exhaust but it sounds good and its not loud.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I also feel like the exhaust and intake alone would require a tune to run correctly if it doesnt have one
Depends what exhaust is on it. usually getting a downpipe would require a stage 2 tune. and IT could have been tuned and they removed it and sold the tuners. A 2012 i believe would fall into the timing chain tensioner issue category. Sounds like a decent amount of issues for a dealer to be asking 9k for it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I thought service could scan and tell if a tune is loaded? They can usually tell if a car comes in for warranty work and look to see if a tune is present that could have caused the issue. The other thing is I dont know what book value on this car is. These mods are things usually dealers dont want to deal with so price is adjusted or at least haggle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.