VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Nice R - I’m on day one of hunting for one of these as a daily up here in CT. Need to sell wifes old 12 Treg Lux before adding another car in the driveway. Red VWs are kinda my thing so I’ll keep an eye on this - otherwise GLWS, car looks really nice

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice R - I’m on day one of hunting for one of these as a daily up here in CT. Need to sell wifes old 12 Treg Lux before adding another car in the driveway. Red VWs are kinda my thing so I’ll keep an eye on this - otherwise GLWS, car looks really nice
Thanks for your comments, I am a big fan of Touareg, have one at this time, wish we could do a trade but need a third row SUV now

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Slats I’m not just looking at these but at other cars. CPO Tigs, 2017 Tregs, all way higher now and I get it!
Heck a Dealer near me hoarding 2-3 year old GT 5.0s has them all listed $2k over original msrp.

My Bronco is stuck on ice mountain and probably not delivered until May 14 now. I’ve got 2 wranglers and a Treg that I’m purging before the B arrives but need a daily and I’m hunting VW once again.

These Mk5 Rs were by far the best bargain going in my book. That’s changing now In tune with nutso market.

Fair to me is $10-12k for decent ones but 15-18 for nicer.

I doubt I’m that far off

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hard part is not so much to have the funds but to find one, they are getting rare and even by not being very fuel efficient at all, the fun factor, the reliability and the 4wd make them a keeper to me, not to mention that I realized I don't want to pay the inflated car prices there are out there right now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts