VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1990 MK2 golf ABA 2.0L OBD1 flooded with salt water during sandy:mad::banghead: and no luck for me I also have an AWP 1.8T engine flooded in my garage. Basically I lost everything smh.

I decided to keep the shell, but I wanna part out both the 2.0l and the 1.8T engine, since it's salt water which parts that can be sale? Need to make a little profit instead of dumping the engines. I know some guys might be think that I'm stupid for asking; i just don't wanna sell flooded engine parts to people without them knowing. There is a lot of trust going on in vortex here.

·
Registered
833 Posts
1990 MK2 golf ABA 2.0L OBD1 flooded with salt water during sandy:mad::banghead: and no luck for me I also have an AWP 1.8T engine flooded in my garage. Basically I lost everything smh.

I decided to keep the shell, but I wanna part out both the 2.0l and the 1.8T engine, since it's salt water which parts that can be sale? Need to make a little profit instead of dumping the engines. I know some guys might be think that I'm stupid for asking; i just don't wanna sell flooded engine parts to people without them knowing. There is a lot of trust going on in vortex here.
I would honestly sell the ABA as a "water damaged" engine If you don't know the extent of the damage and take offers, At this point I would rip appart the 1.8T and see if it is possible to do a complete rebuild to get something for your car..

I know it isn't a "this this and this are good to sell" type answer but I have no way of knowing how bad the damage is so i can not asses what is of value and what isn't :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts