VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, and just got a vag-com... i guess there is a way to disable the ASR and the other thing...(whatever it is)..while keeping abs through the vagcom... but i can't find it. Also, i remember it saying that no stupid dash light glows then... please help me...

·
Banned
5,977 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP - ASR light and VAG-COM (chicago)

quote:[HR][/HR]I did a search, and just got a vag-com... i guess there is a way to disable the ASR and the other thing...(whatever it is)..while keeping abs through the vagcom... but i can't find it. Also, i remember it saying that no stupid dash light glows then... please help me...[HR][/HR]​
From what I've read, no.
Edit: and now I've read you can. whoope!!

[Modified by Mindflux, 2:35 PM 3-5-2003]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP - ASR light and VAG-COM (rawlmark)

quote:[HR][/HR]I think for your's, you would use 0004097. [HR][/HR]​
That's correct.
Like it so much I put the link and spec in my sig.
I hate the ASR
I hate the ASR
I hate the ASR

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

since I am a newbie to the vag-com, and don't want to screw anything up...can anyone help with a step by step on how to make this programming change? not much written in the bentley...

·
Registered
3,606 Posts

turn car to "ON", not started
Plug in the VAG-COM/turn on your laptop
Goto "ABS Brakes - 03"
Click on "Recode - 07"
Change value to:
04097 - Just ABS
18945 - ABS/EDL/ASR
Then there are Heavy Duty Package Settings, which i have never heard of:
19970 - Without HD & ABS/EDL/ASR
20098 - With HD & ABS/EDL/ASR
Now these are ALL for 1.8T engines with engine codes AWD, AWW, AWP so that is ALL 1.8T engines in a MkIV. If you need the codes for another engine elt me know. For the record, the Bentley shows step by step how to code the module, they just go over it once and then reference it everytime you need to code somehting. Go to www.ross-tech.com if you need more help, also since you are a registered user, they will gladly help you on the phone, they have REALLY good customer service.
Good luck, its really not that hard. If i were you i would just write down the number you have already and make sure it is one that i have posted and then just change your value to "04097" to have JUST ABS. Good Luck

·
Registered
13,488 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]any other tricks I can do with the vag-com???[HR][/HR]​
you can get all your doors to unloack with 1 click

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.