VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just recently purchased a car, matter of fact, this car http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...age=1
Today when I was about to go to work i turned on the car and started driving out of the driveway. after two stop signs later (not even out of the neighborhood yet) the EPC light goes on and all of a sudden the car shuts off by itself. Now whenever I turn on the car it idles for about 30 seconds before it shuts off again. I tried to press all the way down on the gas but the car would just shut off afterwards. when i got back from work later on that day, i tried to turn the car on again, this time it idled for about a minute before i gave it gas and tried to drive it, once i gave it gas the car turned off. i'm not sure whats wrong. previous problems with the car was that the car wouldnt start because the piping to the turbo was off but that was fixed. the coolant light came on today but i added coolant to the car and the light went away. and now this. can somebody please help me? i'm going to try to change the spark plugs tomorrow but not sure if it will help. PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEE ahhhh! my new car is breaking down on me boohoo

· Registered
13,521 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP =( EPC PROBLEM CAR WONT START =**( (trunxzzz)

Its not spark plugs at all, leave that alone.... I would SCAN it first before you start guessing on what to fix

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: PLEASE HELP =( EPC PROBLEM CAR WONT START =**( (O2VW1.8T)

what do you mean by scanning? i'm totally new to vw. also to add to the fact that i dont know much or at all about cars.

also the car is not drivable so . . . . dunno how i could bring it anywhere to get it looked at.....does it mean i have to call someone up and have them tow it somewhere? =*(

Modified by trunxzzz at 10:02 PM 8-18-2006

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP =( EPC PROBLEM CAR WONT START =**( (under boost)

Hey Jason I'll try to get a hold of the girl that
helped us the other night, she has a VAG-COM so we
can scan the car to see what the problem is.. I'll try to
get back to you ASAP

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: PLEASE HELP =( EPC PROBLEM CAR WONT START =**( (Desiboi)

wow thanks man! i hope nothing big is wrong with the car.
thanks again i'll let you know when i'm back from atl
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.