VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so i took my car to the carwash today and while it was getting washed it just started puttering and finally died. I couldn't get it to start back up again it would just rev up to about 500-600 but never turn over, its not my ignition switch i dont think because it shows signs of wanting to turn over, i've had problem with my car in damp weather, it either throws CEL's or run ****ty and then after a while it gets good again, but this time it just died in the middle of a auto ca wash. i tried starting it but to no avail, now i think it was just the coilpack that got wet and just wouldn't start and then i accidentally flooded the engine while trying to repeatadly start it? i've let it sit at the gas station for about 4 hours waiting for it to air dry and maybe for the gas to settleback down into the tank? is there anything else someone could think of??? i'm going to try and start it in about10 min so any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Please Help ME :( (bluejettaVR6)

First of all, what are you doing running your car through an auto car wash???I've had similar problems. The first time it happened it turned out to be a cracked coil pack. I only had the problem when it rained. So I had the coul pack replaced, and everything was cool. Just recently though i started having similar problems. My car was do for the 72000 mile tune up, so I got one done. Problem this time was spliced wires. My sparkplug wires were somehow sliced. Damn aftermarket crappy wires. So I had new OEM VW's ones installed. The car is running great now. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Please Help ME :( (VolkRacing GLS)

Quote, originally posted by VolkRacing GLS »
First of all, what are you doing running your car through an auto car wash???I've had similar problems. The first time it happened it turned out to be a cracked coil pack. I only had the problem when it rained. So I had the coul pack replaced, and everything was cool. Just recently though i started having similar problems. My car was do for the 72000 mile tune up, so I got one done. Problem this time was spliced wires. My sparkplug wires were somehow sliced. Damn aftermarket crappy wires. So I had new OEM VW's ones installed. The car is running great now. Hope this helps.

you dont understand how dirty the car was, just got home from banff skiing and it was a mess and it's too cold to wash it outside, but yes this does help, thanks you very much, the car actually started, but i'm going to go and buy some epoxy to fix the coilpack cuz thats what i think caused it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts