VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just bought a 89 gti and so far i put 2.0head on a 1.8 block with full cat back exhaust but stock manifold... it has that bull**** CIS-E fuel injection thing which sits on the air box and i was wondering what are my options on tuning... like what can i do without spending at least 1000 and if it's worth it should i swap the fuel injection system for the one with the fuel rail and if i wanted to how much, how would i have to spend, and what would i need as in parts and things. please help me!
oh and i'm looking for some powerfull or decent speakers that will fit the stock front in dash speacker holes and the back back

· Registered
25 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (immortal1kon)

Go to a store and ask for some 3 inch speakers and they will hook you up with some nice ones I would recomed going to a pawn shop and picking up some small amps for the rear speakers because it dosn't sound so good the un amplafied. oh and the rear ones I belive are 6.5' I got a set of pioneers in the front and a set of dual 6.5's they are nice back lit blue it looks really nice at night. The chicks really dig my ride(pretty much all stock).

· Registered
2,344 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (immortal1kon)

I have CISe as well and most here will tell you to go to Digi, megasquirt.
As for the speaks. The fronts are 3.5" and the rears should be 4x6. When I had my GTI's I took a jigsaw to the hatch panel and put 6x9s in it.
For me, i'm an Infinity guy, Infinity 3.5"s in the front, 6.5"s in the rear, and Infinity subs.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey i was wondering what kinda of bulbs can i get for my single round 7" lights up front and i want to know where i can get a cheap set of cross hairs.... mainly looking to smoke them out but if i cant buy smoked crosshairs then i'll just buy transparent black paint and either paint the houseing or the lense but i can't find any cross hairs at all please help and i dont know my bulb types

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.