VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the timing chains and guides done 2000 miles ago at Momentum Tuning in Walingford, CT. Problem is now I'm leaking oil from the rear main seal, a seal that was replaced at the time. Now I have to get it fixed, Scott said he'll try in work me in, but he's leaving to work at Wolf Tuning in Vegas the day after Waterfest. Problem is, should I be responsible for any of the labor cost for a new seal. And also do I need to replace the clutch assembly again because of the leak. TIA.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: Please help out. I need opinion. (Vr6Fidelity)

im not sure if you could be help responsible for costs. i mean the seal could have been defective, (how is a seal defective other then haven a whole in it which the mechanic should have notice before install, i dont know) then the garage did nothing wrong and cant be held responsible right??? unless you can prove they did something, or prove the seal was defective, your SOL. this is why it is impossible to find a garage that you can trust, unless you know them personally. good luck bud, your gonna need it.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: Please help out. I need opinion. (dancdas)

Did you provide the seal? If not, then you might be able to argue that they should replace it. Most garages are more willing to do this stuff if they get the parts (they make a little profit that way). If not, hopefully the guy will be cool...maybe split the labor?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Re: Please help out. I need opinion. (FatSean)

most garages offer a 12000 mile warranty. if its only been 2000 miles they should fix it for free

·
Banned
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Please help out. I need opinion. (red94corrado)

Thanks guys. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Talked to Mike at Momentum about it. Says he'll get me in after Waterfest, and will "work something out with labor. Oh well, looks like I have to take it in the rear again.
Sucks cause I just dropped $2500 on the car. Luckily we found a 90 Coupe in nice shape, think I'm gonna park the VR for a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts