VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the problem: My car suddenly does not like taking off. If when i start in first gear and give it a little push it putts or hesitates for a little and then starts going normally. This happens if im in second too. It seems to do this in low rpm's such as 1500-2200. Any Ideas? Tommorrow me and a friend are changing out the fuel filter, but i doubt its that cause i would feel a loss of power in higher rpm's. I can also rev it in neutral without problems

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
Re: Please Help (93veedub)

get it scanned. Could be a few things, and you dont want to be replacing $100+ sensors and that not be the problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Please Help (vdubjb)

humm it seems that the problem has stopped!!! I've been driving it hard for the last two days with no problem????????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Please Help (Love-Peace-andGrease)

Darn spoke to soon....problems back but the hesitation is not that bad....now it feels like im running on four cylinders at all times!!!!!
Its going into the stealership for a scan monday.
I'll let you guys know what comes of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I just got a call from the dealer. He told me they found nothing!!!! No hesitation or loss of power. I know what the car felt like and what it feels like now.....and its not right. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Is this something that happens a lot to vr6's?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
First of all I would clean the MAF out, some spray contact cleaner on the wire should do the trick, I don't recommend using the Qtip method if you've never done it before. It's usually a good idea to clean the oil off the intake elbow while you're doing the MAF.
Also make sure you have correct fuel pressure, sometimes a faulty fuel pump can cause all kinds of hesitation.
Electrical stuff usually happens across the entire rev range but still, check sparkplug cables, and coil + distributor or coilpacks if your '03 came with them.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Re: (cheebs)

Check throttle position sensor

·
Registered
86 Posts

After an exaustive search of several components the cap and rotor oddly enough was the problem I beleive for major hesitation in low rpm'S. It seems perhaps replacing every 15K may be a more desirable replacement time. Someone warned me about using Bosch Platniums once and after poor performance I put Bosch Supers back in . Other than that check your timing and wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts