VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the post says. Looking to compair a 4300k HID kit color and a 6000k HID kit color. Not sure which one I want. Preferably in an MK4 non projector housing.
TIA http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
(i searched but all the pictures posted are old and dead links)

Modified by BostonVR6 at 8:56 PM 9-11-2005

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Please post pics of 4300K vs. 6000k non projector HID's. (sleepygti28)

I like the color on those. Not yellowish at all. Not sure if my Ecode housing would make a difference. i doubt it would.
I like the whiteness of that. (6000k)

· Registered
3,389 Posts
Re: Please post pics of 4300K vs. 6000k non projector HID's. (BostonVR6)

Quote, originally posted by BostonVR6 »
I like the color on those. Not yellowish at all. Not sure if my Ecode housing would make a difference. i doubt it would.
I like the whiteness of that. (6000k)

I believe the E-Code headlights will only make a difference in the beam pattern and that's about it.
And Thanx, the color is a pure crisp white. I love my HIDs.
The only thing I dislike about them is the fact that they have a bluish tint @ certain angles. And I'm tired of seeing BLUE everywhere!

later

Modified by sleepygti28 at 3:54 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
3,389 Posts
Re: (euRo_tuner)

Quote, originally posted by euRo_tuner »
what brand hids are those?
talk about massive glare

I know!!!
But I thought glare was caused by the reflectors of the stock headlights, right?
I want projectors but I don't want to get DEPO projectors though. I wish HELLA made some projectors without HELLA Celis Rings.

Or I could get the MKV look headlights, those don't look that bad.

Later

Modified by sleepygti28 at 9:04 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
3,389 Posts
Re: (BostonVR6)

Quote, originally posted by BostonVR6 »
thanks man. thats some intense blue hid color....i guess its because of the projectors

that's one of my reasons why i don't want projectors also cuz some projectors due to the lens i believe, turns the light output into a really strong blue or purple light color.

i just don't know

and nice work btw on the custom projector headlights. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by sleepygti28 at 9:02 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (jetta98k2)

The lincoln is either 4100k or 4300k (same difference).
Wow 8000k, i think thats too high for me. I want more white then blue...and definitly not yellow (like the 4300k)
nice comparison pic though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (d7duarte)

Quote, originally posted by d7duarte »

heres a picture of mine at startup.... once they're warm they are just white. ~4100 02 Maxima Reflector.

thats OEM hid? or aftermarket? if so what brand?

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (VeeDubbinJetta91)

thanks for the pics man.
Quote, originally posted by VeeDubbinJetta91 »
i bought the headlights and hids from Dj_dub off of here..you can find 5000k its out there it actually might be 5300k but its one of those 2 they are made by hella

· Administrator
28,726 Posts
Re: (sleepygti28)

Quote, originally posted by sleepygti28 »

that's one of my reasons why i don't want projectors also cuz some projectors due to the lens i believe, turns the light output into a really strong blue or purple light color.

Modified by sleepygti28 at 9:02 PM 9-12-2005

Yes and no.
A projector TOTALLY distorts the light to create 'other' colors - usually it's blue/purple.
But this occurs only at the cutoff.
From my car (mk3). I retrofitted OEM MK4 Golf HID projectors into my MK4-Look lamps (so basically this is an OEM MK4 HID pic):

Notice on the left side right on the cutoff there is a thin line of blue?
This translates (at a distance) to a much thicker blue band.
When you see this color you are looking at the cutoff.
The reason the right side doesn't have it is b/c I actually tinkered with my projectors (as a project) to make that blue band. I hadn't gotten to the other side yet.
So, not all projectors have that effect as "badly" as others.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.