VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Re: Please...power windows (OdorCide)

i have a good ole power window problem myself, i've switched out the power control module , door switches, checked fuses and nothing..
which relay are you talking about, dont the relays just plug in like fuses and stuff? i looked around in a friends bentley and didnt find anything talking about any relays for the windows, which relay # are you looking to change or check out?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well me and Poweredbyg60 seem to have the same problem, our reverse lights, cruise control and the lights in the switch don't seem to work. I've got power going to the power window control module. I've looked through the bently but can't seem to find anything in common. Anyone here willing to pour over there wiring diagrams and try to shed some light on the subject? I would really appreciate it, i'm sure poweredbyg60 would to.

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,372 Posts

Oder,
I am also experiencing power window issues and need to get this fixed since my drivers window is down. My windows worked until Sunday when I tried to install a heated seat wiring harness. Somehow I knocked out the windows. I also feel that the Bentley is vague in this area. Relay # 21 is non existent at the fuse relay panel.
Hopefully I will verify power at the module tonight. If it is there, then I most likely will have the same problems as you have.
Can you email me with some of diagnosis procedures that you have tried so far. Maybe if we compare notes along with PoweredbyG60, we can solve this.
I am eclectically challenged and could use all the help I can get. Mr. G60ING is also providing me assistance. So I will pass along any helpful info that I get.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

Hmmm, my CC doesn't work, nor do my reverse lights, but windows do. I used to have an intermittant problem with my windows, about once a week they just wouldn't work. I just rocked the A/C that day and the next day they would work. I haven't had the problem since I swapped black leather to tan, maybe I knocked a bad connection good?
I also used to have an 88 Cabriolet that the windows, CC, and reverse lights didn't work in. So I ended up totally rewiring the windows using scirocco stuff that I had laying around. I didn't worry bout the reverse lights or the CC

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]You just rocked your A/C? what do you mean by that?[HR][/HR]​
I turned on the air and didn't use the windows. Keep in mind this was like June and July. I've since then changed interiors completely and haven't experienced the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.