VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a non-running VR6 turbo corrado for a fairly good price and was wondering what a good SAEM would be for this situation. It has a fried ECU and possibly other electrical problems under the dash. I want to completely remove the stock ECU and run everything that I possibly can through a Stand-alone unit and make things as clean as possible. Is there a perticular unit that controls more engine functions than the rest? I will also consider making a custom guage cluster if that helps my situation. Kind of like what dakota digital is doing for other vehicles. I plan on running the engine at around 20psi once the bottom end is built. Any advice on this would be great thanks.

Modified by Icon_MS4 at 6:46 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
1,420 Posts
Re: please recommend a Stand-alone engine management for my situation (Icon_MS4)

wait wait...what car is this that you speak of...could it possibly be mine

20 psi...damn talon...really finishing the project the right way....the way i wanted to

· Registered
742 Posts
Re: please recommend a Stand-alone engine management for my situation (Icon_MS4)

i had a microtech on my G60 motor. it uses all the stock sensors and four coils for direct fire ignition. it's for sale if you want (it has a beautiful harness on it, too) it. $950. it would come with four coils, four wires, timing wheel, timing sensor and maybe the custom dizzy for direct fire ignition (or you can do wasted spark). it has the MAP built into the computer.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: please recommend a Stand-alone engine management for my situation (mavric)

oops sorry to put VR6 in my post. Just updated it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Too bad cuz that sounds like a nice setup for a G60

Modified by Icon_MS4 at 6:47 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: please recommend a Stand-alone engine management for my situation (TomRitt)

remember one thing.
any stand alone is as good as you can tune it and the help you can get from others.
with that said SDS is the choice on here. simple and its on 9 sec vr6 chris greens car.
it doesnt have bells and whistle liek traction control and this and that but datalogs wideband, nitrous etc.
funny thing is people on here buy dta, autronic all the time and never get em running or use the options cause they cant tune it. im a sds guy cause my car has a rough tune and runs smooth!!! and i havent touched the values in 2 years!!

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: please recommend a Stand-alone engine management for my situation (D Wiz)

yeah something easy to tune is definatley a plus for me. I dont really need a lot of extra options on the setup, just enough to where I can ditch the stock ECU.

· Registered
13,471 Posts
Re: please recommend a Stand-alone engine management for my situation (D Wiz)

Quote, originally posted by Icon_MS4 »
I am looking to buy a non-running VR6 turbo corrado for a fairly good price and was wondering what a good SAEM would be for this situation.

runs off a Distributor or Coil Pack?
Quote, originally posted by sciroccoR »
timing wheel.

Peter is it a 60-2 wheel?Your going to need it :beer
Quote, originally posted by D Wiz »
simple and its on 9 sec vr6 chris greens car.

Not anymore.We can safely say Chris reached the limits of SDS.Congrats to him for that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .034 deal with each customer case by case,Chris is now on 034EFi Stage IIc and we hope he reaches the 1000bhp goal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.