VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to get rid of my car. I'm starting to realize I'm going to really miss it more than I imagined. It's always been there for me and never let me down. But I digress, as it has been more of a love/hate relationship. I LOVE the daily driver aspect of it. I HATE the fact that I get my ass handed to me by just about everything else on the road. So, for now, it's between three cars.
1. AE25 GTI - Cool car, but it weighs way too much IMO
2. Turbo S - Kinda leaning towards this, but would like to be in something a little different this time.
3. Audi TT - There are three to chose from in my hometown, all with the high output 225. But Audi's are expensive to own
Help me out guys...I'm all ears...

· Registered
10,296 Posts
Re: (ginanana)

Well if you are really upset about selling the NB, and mainly doing so because you want something faster, then I'd say the Turbo S would be the top choice.
However, if your real motivation is wanting something different, you can't really go wrong with the GTI or TT. It would really come down to your needs. If you need more room, the GTI. If you want something very sporty, and don't mind that it can be a bit impractical, then the TT.

· Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (ginanana)

Ginanana,
Time has come. Things are really wearing out and I just refuse to spend a bunch of loot on a base model car with lack luster performance. It was kinda my plan to begin with; "Drive her 'till she won't move" sorta thing. I do not mind going to great lengths and dropping coin on my cars...just not this one. I consider myself lucky to have power windows in this car. And I love the TT, just unfimalar with their real world realiability. That, and I'm putting a rack on the car so not sure that would be the right thing to do on a TT.
Keep them coming guys, I'm interested in what you have to say...

Modified by Amsterdam087 at 11:05 AM 3-19-2008

· Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (pdoel)

pdoel,
I too would like to say that my top choice would be the turbo S, but I am a little put off with the available space under hood, or should I say lack of space under hood. I plan on making whichever I purchase a bigger turbo car. Nothing crazy but probably a little bigger than a K04. But again, I need to be able to drive this all year, almost everyday.
Thank you both for taking the time to respond...keep them coming guys (or gals)...

· Registered
10,296 Posts
Re: (Amsterdam087)

Well, one thing to remember. These are all on the same platform. So even if you worry about missing your Beetle, what you'd be getting instead would be similar.
So hopefully you wouldn't miss it too much.
If you're worried about workable space under the hood, the GTI might be the best option. I would think the TT isn't much better in that category, but could be completely wrong.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Re: (Billsbug)

I wouldn't worry about space under the hood. Beetles have just as much space behind the motor as the GTi/ Jetta which is plenty for a big turbo upgrade, especially if you are not planning on going to the extreme.
I personally am the type of person that looks to get what car is best for me now, and in the future. It seems as if your not really ready for the TT yet since you want something that will be a little more of a daily and give you the ability to 'load it up' if you need to.
With that said, the 20th and the turbo S are basically the same car in different skins. The GTi has a little bit more luggage room, and the turbo S will handle better if you ever track it or go for some spririted driving.
Either way I don't think you can go wrong, just do what seems best for you.

· Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (vdubbugman53)

vdubbugman53,
Insurance isn't really too bad for me, even in a TT. Only one ticket to speak my whole life. Was doing 120 down the express lane in Seattle on my home from a concert. Got pulled over and the cop said "Son do you have any idea how fast you were going"
I smiled and replied "Of course I do officer, I had the cruise control set"
He didn't find it as funny as I did.

· Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Amsterdam087)

Well after doing some more test driving it is between a white TT, and a really clean turbo S. New problem, well sort of. I will be going with my brother (rabbit humper) to the U.K. and Amsterdam this summer so I will most likely wait to make my purchase after getting back from our vacation. Thanks all for the input I greatly appriciate it.http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Please delete my thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.