VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Re: Please tell me no one on this board will do this.... (TCinOC)

Thanks for the comedy relief; vacuuming the beer out of my keyboard now.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts

Man, that's F'ing hillarious! After two pages, I still can't tell if the original poster was for real or not.
Either way, I'm with you TC - if anyone does that to a Touareg they should be executed!

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
47,314 Posts

I was considering a nice racing stripe down my hood. I've already bought the brush and was trying to decide what color paint I should get at Home Depot. Any ideas what would go best with Blue Silver?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Re: Please tell me no one on this board will do this.... (spockcat)

Quote, originally posted by spockcat »
I was considering a nice racing stripe down my hood. I've already bought the brush and was trying to decide what color paint I should get at Home Depot. Any ideas what would go best with Blue Silver?

Mix your own, get something that matches the black plastic part underneath the front fender.

·
Registered
362 Posts

A brush?
Man you like to do it right http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif, considering you could just use your tail.
I think 80's neon-yellow will go best with Blue Silver...
Why not just use spraypaint like this guy, worked on his "calipers"

Or without spending a penny, you could use your Touareg key to get a nice etched white/metallic look... what's great about that is it will change over time to a nice orange-red!
And spockcat, don't forget a warm bowl of
to help you keep that line straight!

·
Registered
5,555 Posts

I have about 3/4 of a gallon of Passion Pink Sears interior paint left over from painting a bathroom a couple of years ago. That would look good...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

(nevermind - could be considered unfunny)

Modified by leebo at 10:55 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
51 Posts

I hear that racing stripes give you 10 additional horsepower, whereas Kanji lettering and Neuspeed decals only give you 8.
I for one am fixin' to pop-rivet a few Folgers cans to my exhaust....

- "Type R Touareg" Tim

·
Registered
47,314 Posts
Re: Please tell me no one on this board will do this.... (4x4s)

Quote, originally posted by 4x4s »
I have about 3/4 of a gallon of Passion Pink Sears interior paint left over from painting a bathroom a couple of years ago. That would look good...

Perfect

·
Registered
47,314 Posts
Re: Please tell me no one on this board will do this.... (leebo)

Quote, originally posted by leebo »
(nevermind - could be considered unfunny)

Modified by leebo at 10:55 PM 5-19-2004

I thought it was funny.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

I thought it was funny.

I'm glad of that! I intended that way, but someone might have a reason to be offended. Humor is always a risk. I like this board and just decided that the risk of offense outweighed the humor value.
Besides, my sides still hurt from the brake "caliper" paint job. That has got to be the funniest thing I've read in weeks. P.O.B. shouldn't consider working on cars for a living - but he can probably write comedy. While his original post was quite funny, his follow-up post on page 2 is nothing short of genius.

·
Registered
47,314 Posts
Re: Please tell me no one on this board will do this.... (leebo)

You know the paint could be the cure for brake squeaking. Maybe somebody should try it and let us know. I would do it but mine aren't squeaking.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Just received my G2 Brake Paint today. Good thing I saw that post so I did not paint the rotors too. They might look good in red though.

·
Registered
282 Posts

No....everybody knows the cure for brake squeaking is....

Not spray PAINT.

Roy

·
Registered
47,314 Posts
Re: Please tell me no one on this board will do this.... (royeus)

Wife says Canola oil is much better for high heat than olive oil. Does PAM offer Canola oil in a spray?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts