VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figure that i'd rather test out how much better performance tires are before upgrading to 16 or 17 inch, i hear handling and grip are horrendous on the stock eagle GArbages, which they are, especially in the rain, going uphill (UGH).
basically i want the best "bang for the buck" performance tire out there. also should i change the size? i think stock is 205/50-15, should i move up to 215, or 225? my suspension is currently neuspeed/bilsteins, i believe its a drop barely less than 2.0 inches.
any other comments/suggestions welcome and appreciated.

[Modified by goterps, 7:37 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: please vote for my new set of tires on my 15" stockies! (goterps)

I just got Bridgestone SO-3 pole positions from Tire Rack for $76/tire (195/50/15). They are unreal. The price was unreal as well. I used to have BFG Comp T/A ZRs in the same size. These are much better. I too, thought of moving up to 205's but the boys at Tire Rack convivnced me otherwise. Good luck.
Jeff

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: please vote for my new set of tires on my 15" stockies! (Volkal16v)

since you have a VR6, you already have 205's and i'd stick with them. unless these are for track events only, i'd stick with the stock size to keep your speedo correct. you can get all kinds of incredible rubber for cheap, due to dated size of 15's. i heard wonderful things about the Falkens Azenis you listed, which really surprised me. i've not used them, i do have the p700z on now that i got from tirerack but i wouldn't recommend them. i think they've spent too many year on the shelf. i'd check out the Azenis or S-03's myself

·
Registered
18,556 Posts
Re: please vote for my new set of tires on my 15" stockies! (goterps)

The sp8ks aren't exactly bang for the buck at $95/tire but they're
cheaper than the sp9ks and other similar level tires, and they have
fantastic dry grip and usable wet grip. They have stiff sidewalls
and I always love what happens when I put them back on the car
every spring.
ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.