VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks........new to the A2 COnversion area..just bought a project 86 Gti
If i want to swap out the stock rectangular h/lights and convert to either quad or single rounds....what is needed (besides the grille)
can the stock rad support be used? if it has to be changed? alot of work?
where can i purchase grille etc.....for a decent price?
thanks
RObin

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: PLs.......help, grille conversion questions.......... (corrado&bug)

the grill support can be swapped in about half an hour

·
Registered
3,207 Posts

you're gonna want relays as well so you don't fry your harness. i wired 4 relays in mine. i tied the city lights into the parking lights. but im still trying to figure out how to make them DRL's. my webpage has a link to a scirocco site where i got all my wiring information. it took me 6 hours to do everything including the wiring, but i took my good old time and soldered and taped everything. email me if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
365 Posts

easy conversion to do! if you are partially mechanically inclined you will be more than ok! there are two bolts under each headlight...I think they are 13mm...there is the one bolt at the bottom of the rad support....I think it is 13 also. Then you have to take the rad holder slide things out, undo the bolts first...I think they are 10mm...they wiggle them out straight up and unplug your headlights-from there it should just slide right out. If you are having difficulties...it will make it a lot easier if the front bumper is off the car entirely-it isn't necessary but it will make the job easier! Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.