VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Quick-Connect aftermarket BlueTooth kit for sale... It's THIS ONE.

I had it in my 2008 A3 with Quadlock connector and multi-function steering wheel. It also works for a VW golf/Jetta, you just change a dip-switch setting on the steering wheel control module.

I was trying to see if it could be adapted for non-quadlock radios (single DIN etc, with the ISO conections on the back) but I think the additional cost would make it the same as just buying the kit new, so it's really only worth selling as-is.

This unit supports voice-command dialing and is plug-and play. It also supports discrete-mode, which the OEM Audi one doesn't do...

I'm selling for $200... For half the price of OEM, and a ten minute install, it's a great product.
Here's a comparison of my OEM install versus installing the parrott/Quick-Connect...

Not sure how complicate the VW retrofit install is in comparison to the Audi, but this Quick-connect kit was MUCH easier to install:

Full information, and demo video Here:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/VWsteer2.htm

The adaptor harness with this one is actually slightly better than in the video, because you DON'T have to remove and re-plug the blue connector for iPod/CD changer etc... the adapter harness has extender pins fitted which just carries everything right through.

You just pull the radio, unplug the radio, plug in the harness, plug in the blue box (2 plugs) plug in the black box (1 plug), plug in the microphone, match the dip switch settings to your car, and put the radio back in. Hide the boxes behind the head unit, and you're good to go.

Here are the two modules: the blue one is the phone module, the black one is the steering wheel control interface.

They simply plug in using the pre-made 'quadlock' extender harness, and stow behind the radio like this:

Here's the harness:

The only remaining thing to do is to plug in the microphone, which comes with a stick-on swivel mount, pictured here:

Here's everything together:

In the box:

...and the box all closed up:

All photos are of the actual item which I'm selling; no stock pictures pulled from other people or companies.

By way of comparison, Here's what I had to do to install the OEM version:

Preparing the cabin for an OEM retrofit: I always lay loads of clean towels and rags around, and cover EVERYTHING, to prevent solder-splashes or drips from wrecking (melting) any surface which they land on... You also have to make a harness.

Then you need to cut a few wires, twist some new connections together, slip on some heat-shrink tubing, and start soldering:

Then you have to take out the seat and carpet, tuck the module and antenna under the false floor, route the harness and replace everything. -Do all of this with the car battery disconnected... you DO NOT want to throw an airbag fault when you remove the seat!

Then there's quite a bit of VAG-com coding to do to enable everything...

If I were doing it again, I'd just go with the quick-connect, or pay the extra and get it installed at the factory... I'm NOT going through all that again!

Keith

· Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumpit

· Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bum pit.

· Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Souled.

...emmm... -I mean...

SOLD!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.