VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few weeks now but I'm finally making a post about it. I got a PM as a reply to a WTB thread, and based on the preview I saw in the email notification I got, it was a scam (one of the classic "oh send an email here, etc." messages). I deleted the email and didn't get back on the forum for a day or so. When I did, I saw I had the "Notifications: 1" message for the new PM, but there was no message, as I assume the account had been banned for some other offense or something. Since the PM isn't there, I can't read it, so I can't make the notification go away. Is there a "Mark as Read" button somewhere or something like that?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts
I just gave your a account a kick in the rear. The notification should be gone now.

If it happens again, look at the right side of your mailbox, at the top. There is a checkbox that you can use to select all your messages.
Then scroll to the bottom of your inbox and click on the "Selected Messages" menu and pick the "Mark as read" button, and then click "Proceed..."

That should clear all notifications.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just gave your a account a kick in the rear. The notification should be gone now.

If it happens again, look at the right side of your mailbox, at the top. There is a checkbox that you can use to select all your messages.
Then scroll to the bottom of your inbox and click on the "Selected Messages" menu and pick the "Mark as read" button, and then click "Proceed..."

That should clear all notifications.
Perfect, thanks for the reset and info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts