VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I had a PF9...was always reliable and a great shooter. I sold it because other people were so 50/50 and if my life depends on it, I don't want any room for error.

I purchased a 642 and it's a great pocket gun. Also great for IWB carry. To the OP, why would you not be able to conceal a revolver. Get a Minotaur holster and you can conceal just about anything.

Now I carry a G36 IWB in the aforementioned Minotaur Holster (the kydex is interchangeable). Sure it's a LITTLE bigger than the XDs, but it's a glock, and it's been around for over 10 years, so whatever bugs there MAY have been are worked out.

·
Registered
Double wishbone majiggy
1,123 Posts
Totally forgot my father bought this back in '82. Was over at Mom's house yesterday and she sent it home with me.

SO ADORABLE. I think I can fit it in my wallet.
With a gun of that stature, I'd be worried accidentally nipping a knuckle sticking out in front of the barrel :laugh:

Stellar little thing, reminds me of a PPK-esque design.

·
Registered
39,011 Posts
OK, I've been playing with this thing for the last week. Getting familiar the action, disassembly, etc... and can't figure one thing out.....

How in the hell do you decock a striker fired gun? Remove the magazine, clear the gun, put an empty magazine back into it and dry-fire it?

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
OK, I've been playing with this thing for the last week. Getting familiar the action, disassembly, etc... and can't figure one thing out.....

How in the hell do you decock a striker fired gun? Remove the magazine, clear the gun, put an empty magazine back into it and dry-fire it?
Eject the mag, clear it, and pull the trigger.

If the trigger won't pull without a magazine, yes, you'll have to insert an empty mag (to be 100% safe).

Some firearms (like SIG and I think HK) have decockers, but I don't believe your piece did.

·
Registered
'14 ML350, '12 Miata, '10 MINI, '99 528i, '98 323i, '03 FLHTCUI
5,600 Posts
Wow! Necrothread bump!

That tiny pistol looks interesting but a pain to control. Can't wait to hear more about it once you get to the range. I just got a little more modern pocket gun, Beretta Pico. Interesting pick up for under $200 with much better machining and fit & finish than the LCP II that I was considering. Have to clean it up and shoot it as I hear it takes a few hundred rounds to fully break in. It's small and is a true pocket carry gun!

·
Registered
'14 ML350, '12 Miata, '10 MINI, '99 528i, '98 323i, '03 FLHTCUI
5,600 Posts
@McMike, saw this thread over on The High Road and thought I'd copy it here for you. Bauer thread.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts