VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didn't see this posted... so sorry if it is indeed a repost...
from MacNN:
Quote »

Volkswagen and Apple have partnered to provide 2003 New Beetle sedan buyers with a complimentary Apple iPod. Volkswagen and Apple have dubbed the new initiative "Pods Unite." The pairing begins today and will be featured prominently in a TV, local radio and newspaper, nationwide print, broadcast media and e-commerce campaign, through the end of September. Sleek iPod displays will also adorn Volkswagen dealer showrooms. Volkswagen's iPod connectivity kit completes the pairing, with the ability to create and remotely access a road-ready digital music library. Together, the estimated retail value of the iPod (15GB) and VW connectivity kit is about $600.

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Re: Pods Unite! New Beetle + iPod Promotion (010111)

I wanna know what the extra $200 is getting you (the ipod costing $400). Good idea, but the integration better be damned good.
Personally I have no problem just plugging my ipod into the auxillary input on my headunit (aftermarket). Total it costs less than $600 by a good amount.

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Pods Unite! New Beetle + iPod Promotion (whatsacorrado2)

Quote, originally posted by whatsacorrado2 »
2003 New Beetle SEDAN ?

well... *technically* it is a sedan... by definition.
just these days to most people:
coupe = 2 doors
sedan = 4 doors
which is incorrect... by definition. as a sedan can have 2 doors and be a sedan.

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Re: Pods Unite! New Beetle + iPod Promotion (vwvortex1)

Quote, originally posted by vwvortex1 »
And here is the link to the story that has been on our site since 10am this morning...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=936662
You guys really do need to look at our home page once in a while.

What is this "Home Page" you speak of?

(suggestion: put a link at the top to the home page. As it is I have to type in http://www.vwvortex.com or bookmark it)

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i just link directly to the car lounge. as when i go from the home page and load it through the frame i get random no-scrollwheelability and other random "issues". though nice to see that the 'no-posting-half-the-time-at-random' bug in safari is fixed now. whether that is vwvortex or just the newest safari... it is nice to be able to consistently post now...
BUT... i did check the home page before i posted... must've just missed it...

· Registered
10,589 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 010111 »
i just link directly to the car lounge. as when i go from the home page and load it through the frame i get random no-scrollwheelability and other random "issues". though nice to see that the 'no-posting-half-the-time-at-random' bug in safari is fixed now. whether that is vwvortex or just the newest safari... it is nice to be able to consistently post now...
BUT... i did check the home page before i posted... must've just missed it...

Random posting bugs was a Safari issue in the last beta. There is also an issue with caching of internet pages with the latest version and when you hit our home page you may not be getting the latest version.

· Registered
8,080 Posts
Re: Pods Unite! New Beetle + iPod Promotion (gtivr4)

Quote, originally posted by gtivr4 »

What is this "Home Page" you speak of?

(suggestion: put a link at the top to the home page. As it is I have to type in http://www.vwvortex.com or bookmark it)

Look all the way at the bottom of the page

· Registered
6,492 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vwvortex1 »
And here is the link to the story that has been on our site since 10am this morning...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=936662
You guys really do need to look at our home page once in a while.

wait i thought we weren't allowed to post about/promote our sites on here

· Registered
1,663 Posts

though nice to see that the 'no-posting-half-the-time-at-random' bug in safari is fixed now.

It wasn't at random. I found that if you hit the Quote button, you were doomed. Otherwise, you could post no problem. Could even just copy & paste the text then add the quote tags manually and it would work.
Some sort of issue that Safari had with the Javascript. Glad that it is fixed now, I hated havng to use Internet Explorer just for VWVortex.

· Registered
1,247 Posts

well... *technically* it is a sedan... by definition.
just these days to most people:
coupe = 2 doors
sedan = 4 doors
which is incorrect... by definition. as a sedan can have 2 doors and be a sedan.

According to Edmunds, the New Beetle is a coupe/hatchback. It's not listed under the sedan category.
-Jason

· Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
51,469 Posts

2003 New Beetle sedan

WTF is a New Beetle Sedan? ???
EDIT: Saw someone answered it already.

· Registered
9,856 Posts
Re: Pods Unite! New Beetle + iPod Promotion (Hostile)

according to the states of michigan and new york, and i believe the fedral government a golf is also considered a sedan.
this is less of a moniker of shape/proportion as it is vehicle type (vs. commercial truck for example) in many instances

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.