VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Re: pointer 2000? (GLKelRR)

When they say American, they're talking in terms of North American and South America
Not los Estados Unidos (United States). I know its still sold in mexico, and I can't remember if its built there or in brazil, where its known as the gol. Its actuall a Fox derivative (BX platform). VW has a fetish for keeping old cars in production with styling updates in foreign countries (Mexico, Brazil, China, South Africa, etc). They even make a Pointer pickup truck

http://www.vw.com.mx/CWE/estud....html

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Re: pointer 2000? (MP3DUB)

is that the one that has the complete passat front end? i remember seeing whichever that one is on ebay, with the really bad blinging grill for sale... that makes me wonder if those bumpers would fit? and offer more aftermarket styling cues for passats? if the one im talking about isn't the pointer my bad...

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Re: pointer 2000? (passatvr6er)

Quote, originally posted by passatvr6er »
is that the one that has the complete passat front end? i remember seeing whichever that one is on ebay, with the really bad blinging grill for sale... that makes me wonder if those bumpers would fit? and offer more aftermarket styling cues for passats? if the one im talking about isn't the pointer my bad...

That was a face lifted Chinese A2 Jetta IIRC, still in production that had the bling grill that looked like a cheese grater.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Re: pointer 2000? (Sleepy007)

I live in NC and there are two pointers in town here. I got to look at it up close. engine is north-south like a fox, and it is fox sized. Truly, I believe it to be a modern fox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.