VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On friday the 4th, there will be an Alligator Alley Run to the Boca Raton Resort and Spa leaving the Race Track Gas Station at 3:30pm. The gas station is at the old exit 16/new exit 107.
At the end of the run, the hotel will play host to a cocktail party being sponsored by KVP. Saturday, 6SPEEDONLINE.com will be holding a poker run leaving the hotel around 2:00pm.
If you would like information or directions, please e-mail me or give me a shout on my cell. Thanks

Matt
239-280-8424
[email protected]
I am going to try to get some sort of prize from my job to see who can make it there the fastest. I would like to cruise together at some sort of semi-legal speeds. I have also talked with Orlando, the organizer, and he has everything from Lambo's, Ferrari's and some high end MB's showing up. Should be pretty intersting.

The hosting Hotel is the Boca Raton Resort and club. The phone number is 800.327.0101 . You should mention you are with 6SPEEDONLINE.com for a discounted rate.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Re: Poker Run ~ Boca Raton Fl. June 4th-6th (KEINREISAIRKEWLD)

BUMP- 'cause I used to work there (don't EVER valet your car there).

another BUMP because Friday the 4th is mah b'day!!

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Poker Run ~ Boca Raton Fl. June 4th-6th (Maflagulator)

Congrats on the B-Day!!! Also, we will be having secured parking and access to the whole resort. My company donted a $75 cleaning kit and a $60 fleece blanket. The rims being raffled out can seen here: http://www.avuswheels.com .

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

update from the show organizer:

Here is a general update given to me by one of the head organizers:
"Ok guys, I met with the event planner, hotel security, and guest relations this morning at the Boca event, and if you think other events have been big, well this is going to top them all!!!!! We are talking an entire top of a parking garage (room for 75-100 depending on spacing), on site detailing, overnight security, bars, snacks, tents, tables...ITS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!!!
Directions once inside the gate of the hotel (yes its gated):
You will come to the guard gate where you will tell him you are with the Porsche event. He will also give you these directions, but just in case here they are....
Make the first left after the gate house (do not go through the gates unless you want to drop luggage off at the lobby). Follow that road along the golf course all the way to the back where there will be a 5 story parking garage on your right. Stay on the road and go around the parking garage untill you see the entrance where there will be a security guard assisting. Our parking is the top level of this garage on the roof on the right half (if we need more space we get the rest). Also if there is room on the 4th level (and there should be) you can choose to park in the garage...
Make your reservations if you have not already!! The show, poker run and cocktail party are going to be awesome!!! Make sure you bring sunscreen as well as all events are outside (including cocktailparty). Also transportation will be provided to Morton's Steakhouse Sat. evening so no worries about driving... If you have any specific questions or concerns please email either Orlando or I ([email protected]).

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

We finallized the Poker Run today, so here is all the information about it!!!
It will begin at 2:00PM (Sat.) at the Boca Resort with the first card given out there as you leave. The run should take between 2-3hours and will end at the Resort again. There will be 4 check points between where you will recive a card at each. These combined with the first one given at the hotel will equal 5 cards. When you return to the hotel at the end someone (probably me) will be waiting for you. At this point they will check your "hand" and write down your name and what your poker "hand" is. Once everyone has returned we will go through the list and determine the winner!! You do not have to be the fastest to win, just have the best hand when it is all said and done!!
The directions will be given out "gumball style". This means you will not recieve directions to the check points at the begining, instead you will recieve each at the check point before so you will have to figure out the route quickly when you recieve it (no time to plan ).
I and other FVD employees will be handing out the cards at each location so everyone else can participate!!
See everyone soon!!!
PS-A bunch of us will be going indoor Kart racing Friday night anyone that would like to join us is welcome to, it is about 10-15mins from the resort...

·
Registered
6,173 Posts

Is there a set limit on attendees? Sounds fun, just wondering how many decks of cards you have

·
Registered
369 Posts

I live local ...I am down for the poker run i will try to get a few guys from our local meet to join in.. it sounds like fun

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Poker Run ~ Boca Raton Fl. June 4th-6th (Cronic)

There is 4 days to the run... I do not want this to be a pure porsche event so bring your Dub or Audi or whatever german auto you own and have fun. The run leaves the Boca Raton Resort & Club 2:00pm sharp.

SEE YA THERE!!!

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Schedule:
Friday Night:
6:00PM:Group Dinner for those who have arrived (Place tbd, not formal).
8:00PM:A group of people will be going to Speed Indoor Racing (www.speedindoorracing.com ) to have some fun racing Karts... We will be doing some 25 lap races (5 qualifying then you grid up for a 20 lap race). Anyone in town by this time is wecome to join!!
Saturday:
7:00AM-2:00PM:Car detailers arrive on hotel grounds to begin cars already there and will continue untill the start of the poker run.
9:00-Whenever:Auto Super Shield will be on hand throughout the day starting at 9:00AM. They will be installing a clearbra on Greyghoast's car and tinting Orli930's car. They will be available to do other cars as well.
1:00PM-2:00PM:Registration for poker run on the garage at the boca Resort. The earlier the better!!! There will be a $10 registration fee for the poker run to help offset fees
2:00PM-5:00PM:We will run the first annual boca poker run. This will consist of 5 segments and 4 checkpoints throughout South Florida. Players will collect a card at each checkpoint and whoever has the best poker hand when they return to the hotel will win a $500 FVD USA (www.fvd-usa.com) gift certificate for any items. (Cards will be marked to ensure honesty).
5:00PM-6:00PM:The raffling of the AVUS Wheels (18"or19"), Michelin Pilot Sport 2's (235/35/19F-315/25/19R), and Champion Motorsports Gift Certificate will take place. There only be a charge for the AVUS raffle, the other two are free. The charge will depend on attendence and be decided before the poker run. Multiple tickets may be purchased for the AVUS raffle however there will only be one ticket per person for tires and Champion Certificate. (Money collected goes toward sponsors offering items for raffle, no personal profits will be made).
7:00PM-8:15PM:Meeting for drinks in the hotel courtyard where there will be a cash bar.
8:30PM:Transportation to Mortons Steakhouse will leave the hotel.
This was the last update on 6SPEEDONLINE.com.

Matt

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Re: Poker Run ~ Boca Raton Fl. June 4th-6th (my 2.0 rocket)

i doubt it. the have increased sercurity there to where it's nearliy impossible to get near the place. i slapped a "premier member" sticker on my windshield though.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Poker Run ~ Boca Raton Fl. June 4th-6th (Maflagulator)

You are with the poker run crew is all you have to say... I have a 2.0 Jetta and am going to be in the run as well as a friend of mine that has a BMW... You are here for the poker run. If you need a name to use, Orlando is one of the organizers.

Call me on Saturday. I should be showing up around 12:30ish.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Matt
or 159*192754*1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts