VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was my first car, some people remember.
5524890025_2da6f986de_z by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

I miss that car. So, I collected parts for a while to have ready when I found something. I picked up this 85 TD from a friend. It was one of my favorite colors, had power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise, and a blown up TD, so it was perfect. I wanted something I could DD and not care too much about should something happen or I have a little too much fun in, so this beat up old 4 door again was perfect. The motor was blown and I could fit my size 13 through the rust hole in the k-frame, so the VR6 swap I had laying around was perfect. I cleaned the bay up a little, dipped it orange, and dropped it in. There is a nice rust hole under the battery but that wont get fixed until winter.

IMG_20150319_123718-nopm- by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

Car doesnt lie about its age, thats for sure. Its scratched, faded, and rusty.

I got it running and driving this past weekend, and Im working out a few bugs and should be able to drive it daily next week.

Motor came out of a 97 Passat. Has MK4 headgasket, Autotech Q-chip, and has been maintined very well.
2015-03-19 10.55.05 1 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_6725 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_6731 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_6739 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_7869 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

20150613_120254 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_8319 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_8320 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

Took it to a freinds garage Monday, she wanted to see it and show me the progress she's made on her Rabbit. Has an overheating issue I need to get worked out.

IMG_8325 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

IMG_8328 by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

Working on finishing the bay up. I did a Eurovan cable clutch setup with a CRX cable. I like it so far. I also did an 02j shift tower swap with 42dd bracket bushings, and that is by far one of my favorite upgrades Ive done. Its using a MK3 2.0 aluminium rad flipped over and a single 12in fan.
IMG_20150613_132009-nopm- by Justin Meeks, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.