VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all big thanks to Matt for helping me out in figuring out which CECM i had!
Just creating this for those who want to go for the easy way out
and put in polarg bulbs back there vs. putting a resistor back there with actual LED lights.
Just a comparison: Left is Polarg right the LEDs

Modified by phx08 at 6:45 PM 3-16-2008

· Registered
8,294 Posts
Re: Polarg Lic bulbs Vs. Lic LEDS (phx08)

What is the bulb size?

· Registered
20,369 Posts
Re: Polarg Lic bulbs Vs. Lic LEDS (audomatik)

okay so in the pictures the polargs look A LOT more blue-ish white, but in person they have a green tinge to them.
I think I will eventually be switching mine out for the LED's with the inline resistor...

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Polarg Lic bulbs Vs. Lic LEDS (Ducky 2.0T)

Quote, originally posted by Ducky 2.0T »
okay so in the pictures the polargs look A LOT more blue-ish white, but in person they have a green tinge to them.
I think I will eventually be switching mine out for the LED's with the inline resistor...

X2 i saw that they did have a greenish tint to them for some reason in person and not in pictures
As for the LED's i got them from http://superbrightleds.com/
X1 : RL-2525 Marker Lamp Load Resistor
X2 : High Power LED Festoon bulbs 3 LEDs not the 6
Size is 37mm i think
Thats basically it, just splice the wires in the back and weld the resistor wires in there, doesn't matter which way, it just needs to resist. Also make sure to keep the resistor away from anything that can melt as it gets pretty hot...it can burn your finger if you touch it for long enough...so thats pretty hot haha

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...and the results..yeah i know its keyed out and not in the other ones, don't ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.