VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. so my C's engine bay is pretty nasty right now, i want it clean.. and then, i want to polish up my g-lader, alternator, etc.... anyone got some suggestions??
cleaning products, and polishing tips, tools, etc?
TIA!
nate

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Re: polishin up engine-bay (g60_c)

Im polishing mine as we speak!
To clean your engine bay, use brake cleaner and simple green!
To polish your alternater and what not, id start with 400 wet, then 600 wet, then 1000 wet! Then buy some Mothers polish and polish the sh1t outta it!
If youve got a dremel, put the little wire brush on their and use that to polish, then finish with 1000 wet.

[Modified by sickvr666, 1:21 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: polishin up engine-bay (sickvr666)

i used good old super clean to get all the gunk and dirt and grease off everything when i had my engine out then i repainted.i couldnt believe hod good it worked..and as for the aluminum objects...sickvr666..says it all!!

·
Registered
783 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Im polishing mine as we speak!
To clean your engine bay, use brake cleaner and simple green!
To polish your alternater and what not, id start with 400 wet, then 600 wet, then 1000 wet! Then buy some Mothers polish and polish the sh1t outta it!
If youve got a dremel, put the little wire brush on their and use that to polish, then finish with 1000 wet. [HR][/HR]​
No way dude, work your way to 2500 wet. Then polish it with 3m prefect it 3.

[Modified by Corrado4Life, 3:05 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Re: polishin up engine-bay (Corrado4Life)

quote:[HR][/HR]
No way dude, work your way to 2500 wet. Then polish it with 3m prefect it 3.

[Modified by Corrado4Life, 3:05 PM 11-29-2001][HR][/HR]​
Right on, i guess you could do that but, i did what i said and it worked killer! I see no sense i spending more time than i need to on that
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

swweeeettt... now as the C is waitin for some repairs... i can spend my time cleanin it :&gt
bout time too... it's nnnaaaaassssstttttyyyy

nate-dawg

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: polishin up engine-bay (g60_c)

For degreeser I used Goo Gone and simple green. You can get both at your local K-mart. The goo gone not only disolves sticky stuff, it also cuts through greese better than simple green.
Here is a detail job I did on my raddo. I dont have a before pic but believe me you would have never known there was silver paint there. I did my whlo engine bay with this stuff, it works great.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Re: polishin up engine-bay (silverG60)

quote:[HR][/HR]For degreeser I used Goo Gone and simple green. You can get both at your local K-mart. The goo gone not only disolves sticky stuff, it also cuts through greese better than simple green.

Here is a detail job I did on my raddo. I dont have a before pic but believe me you would have never known there was silver paint there. I did my whlo engine bay with this stuff, it works great.

[HR][/HR]​
BLING BLING

1 - 8 of 8 Posts