VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some cars have black steering wheels regardless of interior color. Others have wheels that match the interior color (beige, gray, etc.)
Which is betteR? Interior-colored or black? (and can anyone photoshop a beige wheel for that passat so the comparison is better?)
Black:

Interior-colored

[Modified by jastevenson, 10:20 AM 8-5-2002]

[Modified by jastevenson, 10:30 AM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (Projekt-Chick)

I like black as long as it matches the dash. VW uses a black dash regardless of interior color and the steering wheel matches. This not only looks nice IMO, but it hides dirt. I can't imagine how dirty a beige steering wheel would get.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (jastevenson)

That is really depend on the interior design of that specific vehicle.
I personally prefer black steering, or generally, black interior. However, some cars look great with interior-colored steering. Take Audi TT and A6. The orange steering in TT's baseball "Amber Red" interior and A6's Vanilla interior look great.

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (A4Jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]That is really depend on the interior design of that specific vehicle.

I personally prefer black steering, or generally, black interior. However, some cars look great with interior-colored steering. Take Audi TT and A6. The orange steering in TT's baseball "Amber Red" interior and A6's Vanilla interior look great.[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (what)

Black. I've never felt a colored wheel that felt as nice as a black one..I assume its just the materials you have a choice of using.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (jastevenson)

def black. bright colored steering wheels look awful, i think, and it leads the way to further interior ambiance modifications, like rattlecanning the dash fascia yellow. yuck.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (EbraketurnGTI)

As long as it matches the dash in two tone interiors. That Honda interior pic posted for example would not look better with a black steering wheel.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (kyokoris)

it depends most of the time black, however once in a while the interior color looks better, or maybe bright yellow

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (boostn)

quote:[HR][/HR]As long as it matches the dash in two tone interiors. That Honda interior pic posted for example would not look better with a black steering wheel.[HR][/HR]​
i agree - i think the steering wheel should match the dash color ...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (Mencius01)

I like the BMW sport wheel -- black, with stitching in the 3 ///M colors. But definitely, black.
What do people think of the wheels with wood on part of them? I think they look gorgeous, but wonder if they're cold in the winter, and maybe slippery if your hands are the slightest bit wet.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (MBrown)

Body coloured... looks horrible... especially on cheap cars with plastic steering wheels... black is simpler and looks more elegant. It is also more cost efficient. It also shows wear less.

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (DiscoZ)

It depends on how well the colours match up. It doesn't matter whether it's black or interior-coloured, but as long as it tastefully matches then it's fine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (David Votoupal)

Black is generally best, but interior-coloured can look good in certain classy colours. Java works but Chevy Corsica red certainly does not.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (MBrown)

quote:[HR][/HR]I like the BMW sport wheel -- black, with stitching in the 3 ///M colors. But definitely, black.[HR][/HR]​
Definitely.

^my car^

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (rossi46)

Here's some more...
'00 540i/6 (Going back next week ... gonna miss it!
)

'02 M5 (Same stitching, but the wheel hub is different.)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Re: POLL: Steering wheels: black, or interior-colored? (rossi46)

Rossi, does your car always look so perfect? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Damn, that thing is NICE!!!! Wish I could keep mine that clean.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.