VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking into purchasing a tial 40mm hp.. i found it for about $350 w/ no flanges and 1 spring. i have heard the turbonetics wastegates have alot of problems and this is why vwturbo.com has dropped them. any suggestions?

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (MeGaMoNk_turbo)

35/40 hybrid tial here, hasnt been used yet, i installed it but havent gotten a "feel" for it yet, I'll let you know how it is compared to internal wg

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (euro_racer8v)

quote:[HR][/HR]i was going to get a tial 35mm before but with the turbo i will be running i dont wanna go below a 40mm[HR][/HR]​
so does this mean 40mm is the bare minumum? turbo vr's use the regular 35mm, i believe 10 sec lugnuts uses the 40mm with a t61 turbo, the way i see it is the higher boost, the less the wg is venting cause its being used to make boost, thats what the tial site says, and if you think about it its true

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (evoeone)

yeah, i read that. i thought it was kinda interesting. but i would just hate to buy a 35mm and for some reason either not be happy with it or it not be enough. so i figure ill prolly go with a 40mm. then no matter what i do i will have a big enough wastegate to do whatever. of course the 35 will prolly do it. but there will always be that idea in the back in of my head.. maybe im just

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (GTibunny16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]The 35mm is rated up to 400hp, if I remember reading correctly. Unless you're going to push alot of boost I think a 35mm will be plenty.[HR][/HR]​
true true, i just got the 35/40mm hybrid, cause it was like $40 more and i could get a color, thats the rice in me

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (GTibunny16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey danny, hows your Uncle Ben
[HR][/HR]​
just ran it today, man this thing works rock solid, a bit loud not under boost, but works good, i am the type of person willing to sacrifice comfort for performance, I'll try and post a video clip soon

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (euro_racer8v)

the passenger's taped up finger over a hole in the manifold works pretty well for me and all my drag racing friends http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (silvervdubs99)

wastegates huh sounds like a waste of money to me, heres a trick for all you budget guys, i learnt this from the honda guys
first go to wal-mart, buy some fishing line,
second tie it around the swingvalve,
third run it through the firewall ( make sure you use a rubber grommet)
then remove your e brake cables like sport compact car did (weight reduction)
hook it to your e brake then woila instant adjustable boost
heres a tip for all your newbies pull up really hard when the VTEC kicks in
good luck happy yanking
for more tips like this one click here www.pepboys.com

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (T $)

waste of money, well... they are a lot, but it will never spike, and holds boost rock solid. i just happened to sell my internal and some other stuff

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: poll: which wastegate do you prefer/use? (T $)

quote:[HR][/HR]wastegates huh sounds like a waste of money to me, heres a trick for all you budget guys, i learnt this from the honda guys
first go to wal-mart, buy some fishing line,
second tie it around the swingvalve,
third run it through the firewall ( make sure you use a rubber grommet)
then remove your e brake cables like sport compact car did (weight reduction)
hook it to your e brake then woila instant adjustable boost
heres a tip for all your newbies pull up really hard when the VTEC kicks in
good luck happy yanking
for more tips like this one click here www.pepboys.com [HR][/HR]​

Ahh... words of wisdom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.