VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used poly bushings?My main questions is do they squeak.If they do is there a kit or something that is greaseable.
My car needs all of them.Lower control arms(that rattle there is driving me up the wall,the stock ones are blown out).Which are my main concern.
The bushing for the rack should not make noise.
I havent looked at the rear bushings yet ,those are getting done when convert over to disc brakes(k-bar and all).

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Re: poly bushings? (83mk2scirocco)

I have a the control arm bushings and rear strut mounts in poly. No squeaking. Maybe a tick more road feel, but it felt worlds better than the blown out stock stuff.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

Maybe for his el camino. I have never really heard poly bushings squeek, unless they do not get lube.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Alltrak SEL, '08 BMW R1200RT, '96 VR6T Cabrio, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,387 Posts
Re: poly bushings? (IAmTheNacho)

Quote, originally posted by IAmTheNacho »
Maybe for his el camino. I have never really heard poly bushings squeek, unless they do not get lube.

Actually his suspension mentor is a guy who has won three national autocross championships and races three Sciroccos...

Poly can be installed and made not to squeak; normally what you do with a Mk1 to reduce/eliminate the squeak is treat them with a non-water soluble grease found in the boating industry. Using that will all but eliminate any noise from the contact point.

Modified by [email protected] at 10:17 AM 1-9-2009

·
Super Moderator
'17 Alltrak SEL, '08 BMW R1200RT, '96 VR6T Cabrio, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,387 Posts
Re: poly bushings? (boraIV)

Quote, originally posted by boraIV »

thirteenety?
that mentor sounds like a man off his rocker.

Thirteen... and yeah I am off my rocker.

Doug Teulie in action:

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Re: poly bushings? ([email protected])

dammit, i want to drive my caddy... i have a lot of work to do, i'd better get started, i wish i went to the derek zoolander school for children who cant read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too like weld.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
you may get the rattles if you use poly motor mounts. You may get a slight vibration driving on the freeway as the factory rubber acts as a dampener.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: (MR BS)

Quote, originally posted by MR BS »
you may get the rattles if you use poly motor mounts. You may get a slight vibration driving on the freeway as the factory rubber acts as a dampener.

Poly Motor mounts + non balance shaft 4 cylinder = cringe. Thats about like running solid motor mounts on an aircooled VW.

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Um Ahhh.........I like go to school at Arizona Automotive Institute....... My instructor/teacher........is like Mr.Sricklett.I wish he liked vw's but he ahhh refers them as KRAUT WAGONS.
Um Ahhh thanks for the props tho...oppps damn
I want to flag anouther RACE,next I want to partisipate in a rabbit............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts