VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
46,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i need to rebuild my control arms, the bushing are shot. and after checking out GAP, to order 2 factory front bushings, 2 factory spacer sleeves, and 2 factory rear bushings, itll be about 25$. but they also sell a poly kit that comes with 2 front bushings (dont require spacer sleeves) & 2 rear bushings for 27.56$, which is less that 3$ more compared to the factory ones....
now my question is, whos running poly control arm bushings? from everyone ive talked to, they say they are tighter and stiffer, but they squeak and vibrate more than stock. do they make a noticeable difference? and are they worth the few extra dollars?
P4V:

· Registered
6,846 Posts
Re: FV-QR (8V Fury)

Quote, originally posted by 8V Fury »
r32/tt control bushings are better than stock and also factory fit.

win.
and then use the smaller of the poly set for the rear a-arm bushing and you shoudl be set.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,808 Posts
Re: FV-QR (flippinvws)

You mean the front one? The rear one is the one that is supposed to be flexible, otherwise the control arm can't move up and down like it should. If anything, the front one is the one you want stiffer.

· Registered
8,249 Posts
Re: Poly control arm bushing : yes or no? (chrislane31)

Quote, originally posted by chrislane31 »
Get the R32 and stock. And think about new arms with the bushings already pressed in. The polys also wear out quickly.

x2
R32 rear bushings and stock Mk2 front bushings. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
10,253 Posts
Re: FV-QR (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
As per Bryson: go stock, or spherical. They are designed to flex for a reason.

X2
Poly should be used on non-moving parts like steering rack and engine mounts.

· Registered
46,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: FV-QR (Black Smokin' Diesel)

so consensus says either stock or TT/R32 ones. thanks guys, ill have to look into the TT/R32 ones

· Registered
2013 Golf R, 2013 X5 35D, 1997 E320
21,282 Posts
Re: Poly control arm bushing : yes or no? (TehLonz)

Quote, originally posted by TehLonz »

Hmm. That stuff looks pretty damn awesome. I might have to save up the scratch for that stuff.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.