VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Poly motor mounts install (MRP2001GTi)

Yeah, they go there. Put your car on ramps/jackstands/whatever, take the mount off, unbolt the bolt in the center that holds the stock pieces it, replace with new ones, reverse process.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Poly motor mounts install (dbrowne1)

Best $16 I think I have spent to date!!! Here is what it looks like when you remove the lower mount and take it apart.

A little more vibration at idle but not that bad. My old mounts were very soft compaired to these polyurethane units. Actually the rubber piece towards the rear of the car was cracked almost in half.

1,604 Posts
Re: Poly motor mounts install (MRP2001GTi)

Agreed, I just put my energy suspension inserts as well today. The increased traction when accelerating 1st is great. Wheel hop is greatly reduced but still not totally eliminated with my 17in wheels. I think with the 15s the hopping should be pretty much gone all together.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Poly motor mounts install (beetle and gti 1.8t lover)

Just got back from a more in depth test drive (Santa, I need tires) and yes there is still wheel hop but its minimal. I like this mod, much better!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Poly motor mounts install (beetle and gti 1.8t lover)

Cool MRP2001Gti http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Glad to see these worked out for you. It's true the vibration lessens over time, the 1st ½ mile driving on those I almost lost my fillings, but they smoothed out and now the car just feels solid, and I really only get the wheel hop anymore in the wet... (I know, it's not a problem for you SoCal) Some other vendors are asking $40-$60 for similar product. Besides the chip, it's the best money I spent on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts