VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 456 Posts

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Re: (vwsteve)

Quote, originally posted by vwsteve »

Gateway....surely you have seen the VW MKII Golf with the Northstar transplant right..?..

Yes sir... I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: (Gateway)

I owned a Fiero for about 2 years - bought it used (one year old, 8,000 miles) and never had any problems with it. Nice little car, but the back wall of the cabin got a bit hot in the summer.
It was an attractive looking car, I'm sorry that GM killed it off.
Michael

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Re: (PanEuropean)

Quote, originally posted by PanEuropean »
I owned a Fiero for about 2 years - bought it used (one year old, 8,000 miles) and never had any problems with it.

It's amazing how many people on here have owned this car.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Re: (Gateway)

Well, it was quite a unique car in its time. It was small, inexpensive, reasonably zippy, and cheap to run. It was, I think, the closest thing to a 'fun car' since the Beetle. If I recall correctly, the Fiero preceded the Mazda Miata.
Michael

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
deathtrap. Seen it close up. Game over

·
Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
19,964 Posts
Re: Pontiac Fiero appreciation thread - America's only mid engine car to date. (Gateway)

I think I was 11 or 12 when I first sat in a Fiero at the Toronto Auto Show in 1983 or 1984. I thought it was the coolest car I had ever seen and I loved everything about it. It seemed like such a futuristic car to me at the time. Because of that, I've always kind of liked the Fiero.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Re: L-67 Swap (gobux)

Quote, originally posted by gobux »
Any pics or info on the '90 prototype? I would like to see a picture of it if you could post a link.

Google is your friend. Found this searching for "1990 fiero prototype".

Looks to me like some of the styling on this was used (or taken from) the Buick Reatta. I always liked the looks of the Fiero, and was close to getting one once upon a time. Then came the family - oh well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: L-67 Swap (Gateway)

Best memory I have of the Fiero was from the early eighties autoshows where they would have one stripped of its shell and then rebuild it in front of an audience.
If anyone wants some pics, I can put them up later.

81 - 100 of 456 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.