VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all, i had a sleev put on the middle of the mufler, by the dealership because my mid muffler mount broke, and they said thats how they fix it......
im not sure for how long, but id say maybe since then i get this popping sound when the car is stopped, but running. since i removed my rear seat i hear it even louder, and it sounds like it MUST be from the exhaust...any idea what this is????

· Registered
652 Posts
Re: popping sound, stock exhaust please help? (the_journalist)

It may be the cat, is it in anyway a lil rattle sound instead (thats sounds stupid but im being serious) my moms beetle had a cat failure and it only did it at idle or so i could hear

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: popping sound, stock exhaust please help? (gnomecult)

i do hear rattling, but i figured its my fly wheel...it goes away when i step on the clutch.......but the popping is only when the car isnt moving.. that possible air leak i can beliave...from that ****ey sleeve on the muffler from the dealer....should i bring it to them?

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (dubnoob)

i said that to the guy....i was like "thats a little gheto...wouldnt it make sense to weld it" hes like "a no....its an oem sleeve, we always do it that way..." im like "riiiiight, thanx"
anyway, performance exhaust is soon...
so is it the cat....or the sleeve? im like 90% sure the rattling its the flywheel...it goes away when i step on the clutch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.