VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that I will not be able to use MK4 gauges so i wanna know about gauges from a 911. Not the fake 911's. THE REAL 911. I want the backlit gauges. So I will need tach, speedo, and the combo oil pressure and oil temperature gauge. Will the units from a 1991 turbo work? Would be nice to have a built in turbo gauge.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Re: Porsche Gauges (VAGaddict)

I don't know where the boost gauge was on a turbo, but the gauges should be really easy to use because they basically mount like an after market gauge. They use a rubber ring to hold the gauge in place, they just push in.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Re: Porsche Gauges (ValveFloat)

I picked up some guages at the junkyard, porsche guages
but they're from a 924 and I gonna see if they fit into a mk1 rocco, 150mph and 8000 rpm

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Re: Porsche Gauges (88Jetta)

Ahaaa my friends....you may not be able to find the boost guage on your 930T's b/c it is cleverly marked "Druck Pres." Gotta leave it to Porsche to come up with a bada$$ name for boost.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Porsche Gauges (Pedmaster)

Pedmaster I think you are mistaken. 930s had a boost gauge in the tach.
Druck press is oil pressure.

[Modified by VAGaddict, 5:28 PM 12-3-2002]

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Re: Porsche Gauges (VAGaddict)

quote:[HR][/HR]Druck press is oil pressure[HR][/HR]​
Druck = Pressure, the German oil temp, oil pressure gauge just say Druck on the pressure side. The boost gauge could possible say Druck as well.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Porsche Gauges (ValveFloat)

By no means am I trying to be a smart ass. However i am looking at the gauge right now the one in the 1986 Porsche 911 owners manual and it reads "Druck Press" The turbo gauge reads "bar" But this off topic isnt it? I wanna know if I can use 1991 turbo gauges. Can they be functioning gauges on an A2 Jetta with a Cross Flow swap?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Porsche Gauges (Pedmaster)

Pedmaster, I hope you dont feel that i was being a dick about it. I sometimes come across like that. I am sorry. Do you know if these gauges will work in an A2?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts