VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,230 Posts
Re: Porsche GT3 going around a track (slvrathlon)

perfect car, perfect color... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,816 Posts
Re: Porsche GT3 going around a track (GTiVR6Freak)

Nice.
I cannot remember the reason as to why, or how, but can someone explain the double blipping of the throttle when changing down a gear? I am having major brain freeze and cannot even remember the name of the technique!

ooooh i remember - double clutching, is that what he is doing? sounds like it.

· Registered
11,194 Posts

Hmm, a flat-6 at 8300rpm..... gorgeous car!!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Oh, and the Leipzig-track is really nice, all corners were copied from famous racetracks all over the world.

· Registered
11,194 Posts
Re: Porsche GT3 going around a track (westfield32)

Quote, originally posted by westfield32 »
Nice.
I cannot remember the reason as to why, or how, but can someone explain the double blipping of the throttle when changing down a gear? I am having major brain freeze and cannot even remember the name of the technique!

ooooh i remember - double clutching, is that what he is doing? sounds like it.

He's heel-and-toe-ing:
Quote »
HEEL-AND-TOE DOWNSHIFTS
This combines double-clutching and braking into one event. Place your foot on the brake as far to the right as you comfortably can. While braking, roll your ankle so you can catch the left edge of the gas pedal with the right edge of your foot. If the pedals are too wide, try placing the ball of your foot on the brake, and the heel on the gas (This is where the term heel-and-toe originally came from). Now try gently slowing down and downshifting. With practice, you can brake hard and downshift in one smooth motion. This will prevent the wheels from locking when the clutch is let out in the lower gear, and you will be ready for a burst of acceleration coming out of your favorite corner!

· Registered
2,657 Posts

WE have a GT3 coming in next month and a Carrera GT in September....I need to get back to work...

That 8k redline should be fun. The 996 Carrera is already a screamer, but 8k

Modified by Dub Nerd at 4:14 PM 7-16-2003

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.