VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (axe)

i'd hit it, with 3 passengers watching. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
still out for a verdict on the styling, but a 4door porsche sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (haydar)

Quote, originally posted by haydar »
i bet this is going to be a 2 door 2+2 model, NOT a 4 door.

Except they have made it pretty clear numerous times it's going to be a four-door.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (haydar)

It's pretty funny how the first reply is negative, then more jump on the bandwagon. What exactly is "eww" about this car?? There's not a single thing wrong with it, and when the nearly identical concept pictures were shown a few months ago, everyone was drooling.
Four door Porsche is unnatural? They already built the Cayenne, so I can't think of a single reason not to build a sedan.

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (luso)

Quote, originally posted by luso »
Porsche is set to develop its eagerly awaited fourth model line - already named the Panamera - by itself rather than seek a partner.
See latest details here:
http://www.carnorama.com/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229

This looks FAR better than the 928 4 door they were thinking of back in the 80's... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (winkosmosis)

Quote, originally posted by winkosmosis »
It's pretty funny how the first reply is negative, then more jump on the bandwagon. What exactly is "eww" about this car?? There's not a single thing wrong with it, and when the nearly identical concept pictures were shown a few months ago, everyone was drooling.

Some people will bitch about the color of the sky...
And I know I can't wait to hear the bitching when the Cayman starts stealing the 911's thunder...

·
Registered
12,398 Posts

The Carrera's front end just doesn't seem to match up with the rest of the car... It looks like it would fit better with some more 996/Cayenne-ish headlights IMO

·
Banned
14,183 Posts

Four door Porsche is unnatural? They already built the Cayenne, so I can't think of a single reason not to build a sedan.

how about because the Cayenne is unnatural. the Cayennes should never have been built. to say this is following the direction of the Cayenne is a bad thing not a good thing. Porsche like Ferrari and Lambourghini should stick to sport cars like the Cayman.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (vwsteve)

Quote, originally posted by vwsteve »
I like it....here's some better angles IMHO at least.

Hmm okay, it looks a lot better in those shots... I'm still on the fence with this one though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Porsche Panamera a reality... (luso)

Quote, originally posted by luso »
Porsche is set to develop its eagerly awaited fourth model line - already named the Panamera - by itself rather than seek a partner.
See latest details here:
http://www.carnorama.com/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229

I hope they don't screw up the styling. I'll be happy if the new model actually looks like the artist rendering (kinda like the MB CLS 4 door coupe). Well, not that I could afford one anytime soon anyway.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.