VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
11,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took some pics of the last piece of my motor getting built. It will be a stock ABA block (balanced) with a P&P'd head running high-rev valvetrain and a Kent 285 degree cam.
Head porting done by XKROMX here on the vortex. Flow testing done at VF engineering. Hit Jarod up if you need work done!

here is phase one of the -camber tunning intake manifold

Modified by -camber at 9:47 PM 5-3-2007

· Registered
8,845 Posts
I am surprised Jarod stooped low enough to work on an 8v... LOL I kid, I kid. Looks like nice work, with numbers to support. Thanks for sharing
I am curious to see how much the valves were de-shrouded...

Modified by fast84gti at 5:11 PM 8-24-2006

· Registered
11,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Jettaboy1884)

Quote, originally posted by Cyrus #1 »
Looking good. Are those the stock valves?

Yup!
Quote, originally posted by Jettaboy1884 »
What's with the intake manifold? Are you going ITB's, or short runner intake?

Short runner intake

Lets see some other flow charts for 8v's http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif (x-flo or not)...i havent found much information to compare to.

· Registered
20 Posts
Yes it looks realy nice. The numbers on the intake look right 1 and 4 bend over to get to the port so thier a little lower but what of the exhaust. I'll have to look at one of thoes heads a little closer. If your going injected I've got a tigged maniflod, built up on #1 and 4 to get a straiter shot. I'm making two more or I've got the supplys for them. I'll try to find some way to post a pic or two. Nice head. To day I'sa lookin around, Bmw valves 325i late 80's 7 mm look like they'd fit upto a solid lifter vw they almost touch each other, new seats would almost touch each other, but one could make one breathin mother with alot of port work. Where is XKROMX
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...d=1,1

Modified by vwitch at 8:02 PM 1-7-2007

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.